Looking to buy a used car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The 3 series is an economical car if and only if you can do the work yourself. Parts can be had fairly cheaply, and there is huge online support for them.

mazda 3 is def a good car.
if you can find one of those for your range then look into it.
my wifes is an 08, and auto, we get about 30mpg average. which isnt bad at all.
find a 5 speed, then you could probably get more.

Ludes are nice cars.. the red and painted white wheels is what turns me off
i don't know if they are white or it's the picture. here's another one i found online and they look white as well.

20866400001_large.jpg

I've seen some Mazda 3's in your price range. Maybe check some of those out :shrug2:

i'll definitely take a look.

Those are the same wheels that came on the wrecked one my friend bought. They aren't white, just very light colored in some lighting conditions.

I would rock the Prelude. The only thing to look out for is the auto-tensioner. Which you obviously can't see.

so that prelude had a rebuilt title. kid didn't know why, said he bought it that way. time to move on to the next idea.

anybody have any experience with a 2001/2002 era BMW 330ci? might try looking for one of those. there is a plethora of them for around $8-$10,000.

good cars. but most are out of warrnaty/cpo and thats why they are cheap. any fixes will be big $$$ at the dealer.

thank you for the links. rep'd.

B told me I should ask you. How are the Mini cooper S? with the supercharger, he said there may be some issues. How many miles are too many for those little cars. I would like to be able to resell it for close to what i pay for it. I wouldn't mind spending $10k if i can have a decent resale. I might drive it 10,000 miles before I sell it.

and i'm curious abuot the IS300, that has to have a rebuilt title or something.

cars are so much cheaper over on the east coast.

The mini was a fun car, some of the early ones had common issues (ps pump, rad fan) but nothing serious.

I've seen supercharged ones with 200k on the original sc/motor

It's like any other German car as far as working on it goes..it's a bitch the first couple times but once you're familiar with it's "layout" it gets easier

went and test drove a 2003 and 2006 mini coooper S. they were both a great ride. the 2003 was pretty much base except for the S. the 2006 was FULLY loaded. quite a bit more than i was looking to spend though. I may just end up put a large chunk down and financing the rest. I'm still open to options though.

i was never too impressed with the mini's.

highly unpractical.
do yourself a favor, sit in the back seat, just to know what you are going to subject other people to.

my wife is 5ft tall, and 100lbs, she cant sit in the back seat of one of those comfortably.

i was never too impressed with the mini's.

highly unpractical.
do yourself a favor, sit in the back seat, just to know what you are going to subject other people to.

my wife is 5ft tall, and 100lbs, she cant sit in the back seat of one of those comfortably.

nobody will ever ride in the back seat of my car. however, i have been in the back seat of them myself, it's not bad if you sit behind the passenger.

the car itself is practical for me. it's a grocery getter, trips to school on the weekend when it's raining, and commute to visit family 2 hours away.

Back