Lost Power No familar Loud Vtec Sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright I went and added the pressure gauge.. and it about 75 psi when i start it and around 20 after is warms up! Its deffinetly enough! I changed the water temp plugs and reset the computer. I got the same code! I couldnt test the switch all the way because I dont have the next page.. but i checked for continuity on the switch itself and thats good! So are the wire that I could test! Obviously im missing the next page so i cant do much more! HELP lol

Oh yeah, I was confused between the sensor and the switch. Um, that's all the pages for that. I have other stuff, even valve clearance shit, but no more on VTEC. I was in a big hurry when I photocopied those pages. They were for "just in case", because mine works perfect. I do have a few more pages on IAB, Knock Sensor, valve adjustment, etc. Sorry I missed the last VTEC page.

alright once again i went out... this time i took off the whole vtec system! And cleaned it out with carb cleaner! Reinstalled and again the vtec pressure code comes up! I try one more time with jumping the harness... of course the cel goes off! Now remember i havent driven the car without the vafc before! The vtec engages way late otherwise! I take it up to 5900 where vtec is suppose to hit.. it does seem to me activating when i jump the switch but its not loud or pulls very well. when i disconnect it.. it doesnt do anything! Could it be im just use the having the vtec activate at 5000... and 5900 is way to late and in this case doesnt give the loud whine and pull. or is something really wrong! Im almost thinking of reinstalling the V-AfC.

I have no VAFC. Just a p13 for Automatic. My VTEC engages right at 5000, every time. So I don't know why yours comes on so late. I know it goes off of oil pressure, so maybe your VTEC pressure sender isn't working properly? Or the pressure switch? Obviously your car is giving you a code, and that seems to line up with what's actually wrong. You might have a failed part.

Originally posted by tab@Dec 28 2003, 04:03 PM
I have no VAFC. Just a p13 for Automatic. My VTEC engages right at 5000, every time. So I don't know why yours comes on so late. I know it goes off of oil pressure, so maybe your VTEC pressure sender isn't working properly? Or the pressure switch? Obviously your car is giving you a code, and that seems to line up with what's actually wrong. You might have a failed part.

the ecu is chiped! JUN spec 9900 redline and 5900 vtec!

well i thought i would let everyone know Im a dumb ass! Seems that when i did my swap I didnt hook the vtec pressure harness up to the sensor correctly! The plug that goes on the vtec pressure switch is blue/blk brown/blk! I had a blk and green wire on to it! Im a dumb ass! Wouldnt you think where the solenoid harness comes out... the vtec pressure switch harness should come out to right? yeah i guess not! The plug is about a foot away! I just still cant believe that it worked fine before! Im thinking my cars is Ill at times.. Heres my next problame thought.

Hey everyone i just had a quick question! I just resolved a problem i had with my cars vtec.. Ive never ran this car w/o my vtec controler on. I have always setup the h22 to enage at 5000. the ecu i have in my car i bought off ebay and it was jun chipped i believe like a 5700 or 5900 vtec engagement and what not. Well tonight after figuring out why i was getting a vtec oil pressure code. I took it out for a test drive.. w/o the vafc on! It just didnt seem to roar like it does at 5000 or pull anything like it.... Is this normal and indeed that you can have vtec engage to late? im hoping that there is not something else wrong.

Back