lost the house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why would i move out of state? everything i know is here. i have a good job, i have good friends, and i actually have a g/f now... leaving here would be the stupidest thing ever
whoa buddy. calm down. i know you're pissed. I would be to. i'm sure you'll find another good house as soon as the condo is ready to be sold.

stay with a friend till you find another place..and just put your shit in storage

Hey b best of luck. Sorry to hear this.

It will work out if its supposed to work out . . .

Nothing wrong with renting a cheap place until your condo sells and/or you find another place.

I know, rent = rape up there. By cheap, I mean comparatively.

anyway, i got a list of 8 places i'm going to do drive bys on right now....

back in an hour or so

i'll get my 2k back... but still i'm back to square one with an initial offer of 150 cash on the table, and a 2nd one due in on wednesday. then i'm going to let them battle it out for best price.

but, i have no where to move to :(

:ph34r: you could always stay with the new g/f :ph34r:

there's 0 point to renting a place when i can just stay in my friggin condo.
If it means selling your condo then there is. Once its sold you can easily take that money and put it down on any future house, if this one were to fall thru.

:werd:
I thought the reason you lost the house was because you couldn't get rid of the condo. Once that's sold, nothings holding you back from closing on a new place. There's nothing wrong with an intermediate temporary place like renting/parents :shrug2:

I have a feeling B will never listen to Jeffie's advice. Renting isn't that great, but in such a short term it's not going to hurt to do it if it means selling the condo.

i'm 100% out.

i asked for my deposit back.

new potential:

g446240a.jpg

built in 2002
split-level house
2 1/2 bay garage
Total Fin. SqFt:2,080 SqftSqFt Source:TOWNRooms:6Bdrms:3Baths:21/2 Baths:1

• Master bedroom
  • Living room
  • Family room
  • Kitchen
  • Basement
  • Laundry room
  • Fireplace(s)
  • Fireplace features: Living room fireplace
  • Heating features: Multizone, Oil, Warm air
  • Interior features: Ceiling fan(s), Dishwasher, Disposal, Exhaust fan/hood, Fire/smoke alarm(s), French door(s), Range and oven, Refrigerator, Wall or window air conditioner(s), Pull-down attic access, Full walk-out basement, Partially finished basement, Family room on lower level, Carpet, Vinyl flooring, Breakfast bar, Eat-in kitchen, Laundry on lower level, Master bathroom, Walk-in closet(s) in master bedroom
  • Exterior features: Underground parking, TV cable available, Upper level deck, Paved driveway, Level lot, Lightly treed/wooded lot, Public connected sewer service, Public connected water supply
  • Exterior construction: Vinyl siding
  • Approximate lot is 100X197
  • Approximately 0.85 acre(s)
asking price of 300k, but they are under foreclosure (my agent is their agent too, so she knows the drill) so i'm going to try to nab it for 280k and a quick sale.

no central air and oil heat though :( wish it had propane heat and central air :(

and, it shares the driveway with the house next door.... which is kinda weird.
and they are landscapers or something... theres all kinds of work trucks everywhere.

pluses = they will probably plow the driveway in the winter for free, as its half theirs any way, and maybe i'll get a deal on them mowing the lawn :D
minues = they might be asshats who i can't stand and i'm stuck having 90% of the same driveway as them

have a 4th showing for this chick coming with her dad for final approval and expecting an offer from her as well tomorrow on the condo.
with one offer in, and this one in, all may work out in the end.

What type of oil heat? Like those oil filled electric radiators, or an oil fired boiler with baseboards and or radiant floor heat?

Eh, thats not so bad. How thick the walls are and the R value of your windows should be your main concern.

its fairly new, so i'm pretty sure it has thermal windows. should be fine

Back