lost the house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im not feelin the house, to be honest. But it lookslike a great location, especially with the privacy of those trees. Have fun with keeping that pool clean...

To me, they look like they tried to make a salt box style house, but didn't continue the roofline as a standard salt box would do in the rear of the home...

Saltboxes normally have a very shallow front roof with high pitches and a low arching rear roof that normally goes down to the 1st level height...

And I assume the small middle window on the front is in a bathroom?

The rooms seem narrow. And above ground pools aren't all that great. Other than that, despite the complete lack of architecture, it doesn't look that bad. Its alot less open that the other place you were looking at. I like open homes.

^^^ thats my quam with the place. Its too... there. Its just a cube with no real character to it, plus im a porch man and that NEEDS a porch, itd makeit look a lot better.

but hey, its a shit ton better than my apt :p

in a year, i might not even be working there any more. who knows. i really don't want to dictate my life around my job.

To point out the obvious here...

Brian, you're completely building your life around your job. If a year from now you lose your job, you'll be completely priced out of the house and the car. You're earning top money for your market, that would be extremely difficult to find anywhere else - especially with the autonomy that you demand and your current job provides. With your attitude, I couldn't see you lasting in a big well paying company, which would probably be your only comparable outlet in terms of compensation, if you were to hypothetically lose your job.

I just don't want you to fool yourself. Your entire life is based around your current job and if you're not in that job you're living outside of your means. If I were you, I would be stashing more money away, than the typical person should, for a rainy day in the tech industry.

Tech industry doesn't have rainy days ! Dot COM .... FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

hahaha... Yeah.. Anyway your advice is on deaf ears.

i'm off to my showing in a few min. i'll let you know what else i can find out about the construction...

hahahaha

I wasn't diggin that house at all either, and that was just from the photos.

yard was a disaster... prob hasn't been mowed in months.
gutter was broken
wood trim on side by gutter was rotted

and then i went inside....

hard wood floors are all worn out and not kept up, not to mention wavy and not flat.
down stairs smelled like wet dog
trim was filthy
counter edges were chipped/worn
etc etc
yard is all woods.... no one ever cleared it. so i have 1.35 acres of woods. yeah. the yard was really like .3 acres that was yard.

just totally turned off by it.

i wouldn't offer 225 for that house.

they still must be smoking crack. that house sucks.
i can't believe how bad of shape it is in for only being a few years old.

in other news, i've accepted the offer on my condo for 152 + wait for me to find housing. signed the contract today. so now i won't have to deal with any hubbards or anything on a new place.

Insulation:R-15 WALLS; R-38 CEILINGS; R-11 FLOORS

is that good?

Optimal for NE region is as follows:
Ceiling R-49
Walls R-21
Floors R-30
Basement R-13

Very low on everything with those specs. loldrafts

Back