Lost Tomb of Jesus thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It would be fair to say that after pulling all the stuff that he did, he would have become quite famous and wealthy.

It would be fair to say that after pulling all the stuff that he did, he would have become quite famous and wealthy.
He was a prophet. An unpaid profession. Famous and wealthy? I don't see us nailing Brad Pitt to a cross.

i know your going to disagree with me, but here is Time magazines take on the evidence.

i'm not trying to argue, i just want to get my viewpoint out there.

And Jacobovici managed to get tests done on DNA from the "Jesus" and "Mariamene" bone-boxes that indicated that they were not related on their mother's sides: therefore, Jacobovici quotes the DNA expert as saying, if this was indeed a family tomb, the two "would most likely have been husband and wife" (which is the source of his contention that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married and that the Judah in the tomb was their son).

2 questions:

1. why couldn't they be related on there fathers side?

2. if Jesus was a common name, why would this Jesus have to be "The Christ"? why couldn't it just be some other Jesus?

The first use of "Mariamene" for Magdalene dates to a scholar who was born in 185, suggesting that Magdalene wouldn't have been called that at her death.

and wouldn't they have called Jesus something else if he was there Lord and Savior? they knew he was the Messiah, why wouldn't they have put something like "Lamb of God", or "Son of the Most High" on his tomb instead of Jesus?

ok, i'm done. Yes i'm a Christian, and Yes i believe the Bible to be true. Discount every word i have said here.

Back