LS BOOST OR GSR NA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a 97 LS and boosting it or 97 GSR and keep it NA??? What would be a better option to go with if your a daily driver but want to put some power down on the track?? My budget depends on how much i can find either of the two cars (im thinking of buying the car not the engine). How much $$$$$ would it cost to make about 200+hp with both options.(TURBO OR NA) What pros and cons could i expect from both options???? ANY OPINIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICATED!!!!!

THANKS,

there's tons of factors to weigh in this. both are easily capable of putting down 200+ with about 3k worth of parts.

A basic turbo kit is 3k, and should put the ls right around 200
going all motor is expensive- cams, headwork, and so on add up fast, and offer minimal gains per part...

on both though, you're going to want to improve other aspects of the car beside the power adders- intake, exhaust, header if all motor, and wheels tires and suspension should NOT be overlooked.

a GSR will cost more than a comparable LS intial cost of car
a GSR will cost more to insure each month

you mention track- if you mean drag, I say go LS. if you mean road course or autox, go with the gsr and go NA. a lot of leagues don't allow turbo cars, and autox will put you in a stupid impossible class with a turbo car

If i had to choose, i'd get the LS, boost it... and later on down the road if i wasn't satisfied- i could upgrade internals, run more boost, run better fuel management and do a vtec head swap if i wanted.

with the gsr, once you go high compression pistons and all motor cams, you're pretty much at your limit- before you go into totally re-doing the block.

thanks ALOT.......Now i could start searching for a LS cuz me EG is dead!!!!!! so i guess the LS/boost is the way too go then!!!!...looks a bit more promising!!!!!.... How much boost can i run with the stock internals???

8 or 9 with the right tuning (hondata) that is what is said all over the internet to be safe but you could run more.

Originally posted by civic15.8@Mar 1 2004, 04:56 PM
8 or 9 with the right tuning (hondata) that is what is said all over the internet to be safe but you could run more.

yea i agree...but ive seen 16 pounds out of a SC34 tuned w/ hondata on factory block....

All motor is the expensive way to go SLOW. I have an LS Integra and I have been told time and time again to BOOST. I think you should boost, but then again I don't know too much I just ask smart people like pissedoffsol.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Mar 3 2004, 06:05 AM
All motor is the expensive way to go SLOW. I have an LS Integra and I have been told time and time again to BOOST. I think you should boost, but then again I don't know too much I just ask smart people like pissedoffsol.

N/A slow huh??... :blink: ok Johnathen I see how it is :p :moon:

I think im gonna head for the boost when i find that teg!!!! Thanks for the help....ne more advice would be also great!!!!!!!!!

Let me restate my last comment. All motor is an expensive way to go fast, unless you have Caneks car who blew the doors off of a Camaro SS. Boost I believe should give you more power for the buck. But there are NA cars out there that are quicker than hell for example dvs preludes hatch or 2litreEG's hatch.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Mar 4 2004, 03:20 AM
But there are NA cars out there that are quicker than hell for example dvs preludes hatch or 2litreEG's hatch.

my car is slow lol... im completely unhappy with my results thus far... but this season should show some improvement

B)

as for an LS/T set up, its a good way to go... but it all depends on you. dont let anyone discourage what you would like to do with your car. i mean ok if your completely torn with which way you should go then follow the advice and WEIGH THINGS OUT before doing anything drastic

a friend of mine did an LS/t set up and is still one of the fastest daily driven cars i have ever seen with that set up

:)

Originally posted by integraslut78@Mar 4 2004, 06:20 AM
Let me restate my last comment.  All motor is an expensive way to go fast, unless you have Caneks car who blew the doors off of a Camaro SS.  Boost I believe should give you more power for the buck.  But there are NA cars out there that are quicker than hell for example dvs preludes hatch or 2litreEG's hatch.

I just ask smart people like pissedoffsol.

Well your just blowing everyone aren't you? :ghey:
HAHA

turbo
:thumbsup:

Taylor - :gayflag:

:slap:

Very funny Taylor. We all know who LOVES IT

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 5 2004, 07:08 AM
2litereg's type r suspension is holding him back big time. that shit is heavy.

exactly!! lol i found a buyer for the suspension already but im still debating if i wanna sell it cause then i have to buy new slicks and shiet hmph

oh wells... hell i might just go turbo for the fuck of it *shrugs*

B)

Back