LS into 88 si swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rexsi

I have probably decided to swap an 90-91 ls motor into my 88 si. I was just wondering if use the engine wiring harness from the ls motor, or the engine wiring harness from the stock si motor? Should the ls motor harness connect to my car's main wiring harness? Or do I just connect all the connectors from my engine harness to the LS motor? I just want to make sure I wont run into any wiring problems.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
always use the engine harness from your car on the new engine

the si harness will plug right up to the ls ecu
the engine harness doesn't plug into the ECU - the engine harness plugs into the chassis harness, which in turn plugs into the ECU - that is why you use the engine harness from your car - it plugs right into your chassis harness - not all harnesses are alike as far as wire locations in the connectors and some have different connectors, depending on model and year - for instance, the 88 Si has a square 6 wire connector where it plugs into the chassis harness on the driver's side and the 89-91 Si harnesses have a round 8 wire connector, as does the LS - your harness will plug into the sensors on the LS engine

So you are saying, that becuase I have an 88 si, I will need to use my engine harness then? How sure are you that my harness will fit the integra motor? 90-91. Does it have to be a 90-91 integra if I use this method of wiring?

Back