ls swap in eg hatch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H2B_hatch

i had a major wiring issue before got it straightened out ran good. change the oil and put a short ram intake on now it hits "rev limiter" at 3k rpm.. can anyone help me? this cars driving me crazy never had such a problem.

any ideas guys??? i had this problem in a crx once but it was cause a pin was pulling out of the ecu so i pushed it back in everytime it did it.. but this isnt that way. :confused:

Recheck the oil. Fill if neccessary. No CELs? Disconnect the battery for a couple of mins. Check and see if you bumped anything during the removal of the oil filter or intake install. Maybe your ECU is in limp mode due to a loose connection to the oil pressure sensor.

If you say you have loose pins in the ECU, I'd run through and check all your wiring again. Did you solder any connections?

Also, if you don't have any CEL, that seems kinda suspicious. It should be throwing something if its doing that. What ECU is in this car?

Back