ls swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

are you changing cams or just pistons and valve train ?
some after market valve train parts are great with a cam swap , but on stock cams it can be a waste of money.

I agree. If you're not upgrading to after-market cams, then a valve train upgrade really isn't needed. After-market valve trains allow your engine to safely rev higher then the stock red-line. A lot of stock cams won't continue to make power after red-line though, so it's kind of a waste.

As for the tuning, you can get your ECU chipped and look for a map that roughly matches your engine build, but ideally you want to tune it on a dyno, so you'd probably need to take it somewhere. I suppose if you're going to use a piggyback like the V-AFC you could research it and perhaps do some tuning yourself. Still though, I'd say it's probably better to have it tuned on a dyno...

yeah that's what i've read. and it's cool. i'm going to put those pistons and a crower valve train, and cam gears. i'm not gunna need to tune it off the bat am i?

I know some peeps that made decent power with the crower 403's on the stock valvetrain and stock bottom end. Its been tested and proven several times that these cams work like a champ w/ a stock motor. Now since your upgrading the valvetrain and getting pisons i would deff recommend the 404's. remember tuning is the key;)

yeah, the motor probably wont get put in the car till around winter. only because right now it's a dd and i need it. but over winter break i'll be alright to not have it for a while. plus that gives me more time to build the motor and do whatever else i want. but hopefully aquiring it soon though. just gotta find one for the right price.

steven , your plan i sound but i will offer some very good advice , up grade the handling and braking before more power . a car can never handle too well or braketo well , but too much power on a bad suspension and bad brakes can end your fun very quickly .plan plan plan

steven , your plan i sound but i will offer some very good advice , up grade the handling and braking before more power . a car can never handle too well or braketo well , but too much power on a bad suspension and bad brakes can end your fun very quickly .plan plan plan
megan springs and front and rear srtut//sway bars.
drilled and slotted rotors most likely of some brand.
thanks for the advice though.

megan springs and front and rear srtut//sway bars.
drilled and slotted rotors most likely of some brand.
thanks for the advice though.

Megan Racing doesn't make sway bars for Hondas, so try again. And I hope you upgraded your shocks when you put the lowering springs on.

what about a b20 head on a b18??? my buddy said he'll practically give it to me

The LS and B20 heads are very similar, so you'd basically be getting an LS. The B20s cams are actually less aggressive then the LS's though, so you'd want to be sure and upgrade those...

i didnt mean megan sway bars. i meant just the megan springs. and they're still on the way they took 3 weeks to ship.
The LS and B20 heads are very similar, so you'd basically be getting an LS. The B20s cams are actually less aggressive then the LS's though, so you'd want to be sure and upgrade those..

than fuck that. i'll just stick with the ls head.

valvetrain

i saw your going to run crower valvetrain.going with crower valvetrain or brian crower valvetrain?just curious because im debating on the two.im from san diego and there both really close to me

If you're going for an all motor LS swap/build then there is already a good write-up here

hah yeah i know i've read it. but the thread was intended to ask if a da integra's ls motor was easily swapped in an eg civic.

i saw your going to run crower valvetrain.going with crower valvetrain or brian crower valvetrain?just curious because im debating on the two.im from san diego and there both really close to me

Start. Your. Own. Thread. Moron.

Seriously, I'm sick of seeing your shit everywhere I go on here...

steven post photos and good luck, when you start the swap ,

I swapped in a B18B1 LS engine into my 93 EG a few months ago. In regards to the Trannys..I went with a GSR tranny. Its not that bad and from what I hear MUCH better gearing than that of the stock LS tranny.

I turn 3,900RPMs at 80mph and since the swap its like EVERY tank I get between 32 1/4 and 32 1/2MPG so I am pretty happy with that.

I know another guy that has an LS in his civic with the SI(B16A2) tranny on his and he instead of turning right at 4,000RPMs at 80 like I do..he turns 4,000RPMs at 60 but I think he still gets pretty decent gas mileage..I drive ont eh freeway alot to work and back so having a tranny that is going to put me at around 5k or more RPMs at 80 wouldn't suit me..remember the LS engine redlines at 6500RPMs.

But it looks like you have planned what you want to do..Good luck with the swap and be sure to post pics and keep us updated.

Forgot to mention..I have a 4-2-1 Header mated up with an Apexi N1 Catback...it was pretty freakin loud buzzing down the freeway at 4,000RPMs or more...so either put your quite core back in..or..break out some earplugs:D:p

b18b1 on a stock p75 redlines at 6800 i believe, and 60 mph with my ls coupled to the b16 si tranny im doing around 3400 rpm

hey i need help with my swap.
i got a 90 Honda crx DX and i wanted to
do a 94-95 LS swap in it
does anyone knows what i need to be done
to get the swap running right and NOT shitty???
if u can help me out can u email me on what i need to be done
with that swap @ my email address...
its vincxlocster@aol.com

thanks

hey i need help with my swap.
i got a 90 Honda crx DX and i wanted to
do a 94-95 LS swap in it
does anyone knows what i need to be done
to get the swap running right and NOT shitty???
if u can help me out can u email me on what i need to be done
with that swap @ my email address...
its vincxlocster@aol.com

thanks
dude this thread is HELLA dead :doh:
use the search there is THOUSANDS of threads on this topic but, if you dont find anything start your own.

Back