ls vtec setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fredsintegra

yes could someone tell me what i could do for a fast ls vtec setup this is also going to be a daily driver. and using stock ls rods

First there is no fast vtec setup, you have to take your time so you dont fuck up. First off go to goldeneagle.com and purchase the lsvtec kit. Then find yourself a gsr, b16, or itr head thats in good shape. Your still gonna want to mill it to be on the safe side. Then from what ive heard you have to change the oil pump and the water pump. The oil pump is for better flow up to the head since your going to need it for the vtec to work anyway and im not sure why about the water pump but if you have one that flows better then why not. Lastly, if you have not done this before dont make this your learning experience since its your dd.

When you use the vtec oil and water pumps you have to run a GSR timing belt as well.

The vtec water pump has 22 teeth versus the 18 teeth the LS has..

Golden Eagle has one of the best and most complete kits out there. I'm building an LS/VTEC myself, I just ordered this kit and this is what my build consists of..

GSR head
Head has been milled
Peak Performance Stage 2 cams and cam gears
Skunk 2 valvetrain
Skunk 2 intake manifold
Accel 310cc injectors
GSR water pump
GSR oil pump
GSR timing belt
GSR distributor

B18B1 bottem end
PR3 pistons
Shotpeened LS rods
All ARP hardware
ACL bearings

In my opinion, to build a RELIABLE LS/VTEC then you must at least use ARP headstuds and rod bolts, ACL bearings, and it's a good idea to get the LS rods shotpeened to make them stronger. LS bottem ends do not like to rev high, your prolly gonna be making power 8000+ so your definently going to want to take your time, and do everything right so you don't spin a bearing or worse.

Do some research, there are quite a few good LS/VTEC and B20/VTEC write ups on Honda-Tech.

Back