lsvtec almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

Well I have been waiting and gathering parts for some time now and it finally will become a reallity in the next week or so. I have never owned a swapped b series vehicle only an integra and prelude vtec and have wanted to do this for a long time. I only have this pic for now but will add to it when the project is completed.

1995 civic cx hb
b18b1 block stock "1998"
stock ls pistons
p28/crome from phearable
gsr head stock "2000"
hondata style im gasket
aebs im manifold
arp head studs
itr water pump
itr oil pump
itr t belt
golden eagle ls/vtec kit
itr flywheel
action 6 puck clutch
brand new itr tranny
itr cams

block is in awesome condition as well as the cylinder walls and the head is mint almost like it was never run.

im looking for about 170-175 at the wheels and i will be happy for now.

lsvtec4zm.jpg

more pics will come....

Last edited:
you wont get 170 to the wheels with those pistons...

lsvtec20.jpg

..but the engine looks clean...GL

Well we will find out shortly after the build. I think 170 is very obtainable based on friends dynos.

I think import builders dyno is reading low for that setup actually.

I will post more pics next week when I have all of the parts that I ordered.

the addition of a better then stock header i think can get me there as well.

you should have built up the block more - GSR or b16a2 pistons and ARP rod bolts (with the rods resized of course)

with your setup you might touch 175.

don't rev it too high with those LS rod bolts.

good luck though man, and congrats on finishing it. did you do the tap of the head yourself? (im in the process of building an LSVTEC) and how far down do you tap it to plug the oil hole? just enough for the plug to sink under the surface?

and props to the phearable.net ECU, good stuff. good people.

yeah it wont be revved past 8k and that wont be very often. the block build thing isnt totally necessary, sure i would have liked a little more compression but i'm not trying to break any records here. the issues with ls vtecs start from revving too high but really come down to water and oil pumps. the people you see with the problems left their ls water and oil pumps in; the ls pumps just cant supply enough at those rpms.

tapping of the head will actually start this week when i have time and will be tapped just enough to go below the surface of the head
0411scc_hybrid05b_z.jpg

my good friend has an ls vtec with stock rod bolts and hasnt had any problems at all and he tears on that motor everyday. worst thing taht happens is i have the block redone or get another one.

the only thing that sucks about the LS pistons is the low compression. thats why i recommended the GSR or b16a2 pistons, you wont get HIGH compression, just a bit above stock.

i think i may do that also, not touch the bottom end. beacuse now that i think of it, i dont think i would want to go anywhere near 8k anyways...? opinions anyone else?

Those ls pistons will be perfect for a small turbo setup... t3/t4, low boost, a good tune, you could do easily over 200 safely, no turbolag.

i got p72 pistons if u want, lol fresh out of a 95 gsr bottom end, i took them out for b16 pistons. but should be a nice set up gl. it me up if u want the pistons

Quoted post[/post]]
Those ls pistons will be perfect for a small turbo setup... t3/t4, low boost, a good tune, you could do easily over 200 safely, no turbolag.

this was part of the plan but who knows when i will be able to get all the parts for that.

update:

i had some problems with some of my orders but i have everything now except for minor shite.

summit racing :thumbsup:
robearracing.com :thumbsup:
certain ebayers :thumbsdown:

dsc006495de.jpg

dsc006502ta.jpg

dsc006511py.jpg

dsc006535tn.jpg

dsc006549qv.jpg

dsc006557bu.jpg

dsc006575gq.jpg

more to come when i have some more time.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah it wont be revved past 8k and that wont be very often. the block build thing isnt totally necessary, sure i would have liked a little more compression but i'm not trying to break any records here. the issues with ls vtecs start from revving too high but really come down to water and oil pumps. the people you see with the problems left their ls water and oil pumps in; the ls pumps just cant supply enough at those rpms.

tapping of the head will actually start this week when i have time and will be tapped just enough to go below the surface of the head
0411scc_hybrid05b_z.jpg

my good friend has an ls vtec with stock rod bolts and hasnt had any problems at all and he tears on that motor everyday. worst thing taht happens is i have the block redone or get another one.

I just did mine this week, I was a little scared, I lubed up the tap and went at it. Im going to be sending mine to a mechine shop to be milled (very little) and to be cleaned up a bit, before I put the ITR valve springs in.

new exhaust i ordered:

i like this new style because it goes back to the original world sport design powder coating looks dope too.

104bkh02a.jpg

104bkh02b.jpg

anyone know what size fitting the golden eagle sandwhich adapter has for the second port?its smaller than the oil feed line. i need to get a line and fitting for the oil pressure sender unit.

thanks

i believe you are right, thanks.

more to come in the next few days.

Type R Oil pump install:

dscn03129lg.jpg

dscn03112za.jpg

dscn03139uu.jpg

dscn03149fk.jpg

Well thats all for tonight; I wasnt feeling well tonight so I didnt get started on the head studs or tapping of the head which Im just going to do myself. the water pump will be here mon or tues, I bought one locally but I decided to spend the extra 30 bucks and get an oem gsr/type r water pump.

Update:

Just about done.

dscn03152lj.jpg

dscn03168az.jpg

Copper gasket sealant to ensure an excellent seal.
dscn03178lz.jpg

dscn03181et.jpg

dscn03193ib.jpg

dscn03203fw.jpg

dscn03219rk.jpg

dscn03228ux.jpg

dscn03240er.jpg

Apexi world sport noir
dscn03231bi.jpg

I just need to install the timing belt, valvecover and make sure everything is top dead center. Hopefully I will be doing the swap soon.

Thanks for looking.

nice...btw i forgot to mention that i have a stock block lsv and i love it in the rex....youll like it + you can spray

Back