make dvd's w/o a burner?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

sounds like a rip off to me, what do you guys think? is there a way you can actualy do that? I've heard of turning a speaker into a microphone....but a cd-player into a cd-burner???wtf? :huh:

http://www.copyvideogames.com/

I dunno if this is a repost or not, if it is, please delete..

ok, allow me to be the first one to call

BULLSHIT

if this program was soooooooo great, then why would they offer a "(1) The Amazing 2004 Top Secret CD ROM! (2) The Genealogy 2004 Software Mega Package! (3) The eBook Series with Full Resell Rights - Sell this to others!"

and last but not least..."(4) Plus get a FREE 3 Day, 2 Night Vacation Package!"

I smell a rip off

its only $40, but if it worked..that would be kick ass

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 3 2004, 08:51 PM
fucking scam.

i bet people are still stupid enough to pay for that shit.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 3 2004, 08:47 PM

BULLSHIT

This is impossible. Your stock CD-ROM doesn't have the capability to burn a CD... laser power is only high enough to read, no logic in the chips for burning data, no motor control precise enough to burn stuff with- and if it says you can burn DVDs with it (didn't read the site)- yeaaaaaaaaah RIGHT. You don't even have the proper wavelength laser to read one, let alone WRITE one.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 4 2004, 03:31 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Feb 3 2004, 08:47 PM

BULLSHIT

This is impossible. Your stock CD-ROM doesn't have the capability to burn a CD... laser power is only high enough to read, no logic in the chips for burning data, no motor control precise enough to burn stuff with- and if it says you can burn DVDs with it (didn't read the site)- yeaaaaaaaaah RIGHT. You don't even have the proper wavelength laser to read one, let alone WRITE one.

sooo essentially what you are saying is....

with a normal cd burner, you CANNOT in no way shape or form burn a dvd?

:D

:)

BUT... I looked at that site, and it doesn't necessarily say that you're making COPIES of DVDs or games- it just might contain the tools you need to rip, resample, then burn something that's still useable- just not the full DVD or game. I don't know anything about that though.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 5 2004, 11:28 PM
:)

BUT... I looked at that site, and it doesn't necessarily say that you're making COPIES of DVDs or games- it just might contain the tools you need to rip, resample, then burn something that's still useable- just not the full DVD or game. I don't know anything about that though.

so you think, it might work...in a half-assed way?

some sort of haxor type stuff?

i thought ps2 could only read dvd's....and i dont think you can write to a dvd with a regular burner?

Back