Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Traction so far is just about nothing except good tires and solid mounts. I want to fab up a set of traction bars this winter, and I still need to check on the tranny.

Recommendations for an LSD?
I was thinking either MFACTORY or Quaife.

Chaz - Yes my right foot does help :p but only to a certain extent, and I think I have surpassed that point :(

I've got a stock type r trans. even with just 200hp, the car is night and day more fun below 60mph than my old open diff, sc'ed gsr setup. You can't go wrong with Quaife. I've never heard a complaint about them. Because they are an OE supplier, I believe that their stuff will be made better than the others that are only for the aftermarket. I've heard good things about M-Factory as well. Even the obx lsd's are proving themselves.

Ya, OBX diffs are gettin kinda popular. There's a thread on HT about gettin a new one, takin it apart, cleanin it, restackin the belville washers and rebuildin it. Its a simple process, and it makes em last longer than just throwin it in.

Almost forgot.. Pic of the Victor X installed. Going to re route the injector wiring tomorrow as the design of the mani is a little different.

victorxim.jpg

:thumbsup:

Thanks mang! We need to get a NW meet together. Sometime this spring maybe?

Also, I think I'm gonna be ordering an MFactory Helical LSD next week if all goes well. I'm going to call MFactory and talk with them as well as Quaife. I might pop and buy a used OEM LSD from HMotors as well. Would just have to transfer the ring gear over from my B16 trans to the new differential. Gotta put this power to the pavement! I'm sick of tearing the tires apart already lol.

get some drag radials...i know my friend with the fully built all motor type-r in his ef hatch ran them and he didnt have a problem..im going to call the kid now to see about the head...probably do this through paypal right???

I have heard good things about the m factory units. I personally have a quaife and love it. It helps with traction, but I still lay down lsd wheel spin like yesterdays business. I would go with the quaife if I were you. You cant beet there warranty, they pretty much dare you to try and break it.

So i know this was probably talked about earlier but i dont have the time to read through everything, still have the d16y7?

Tires are a huge factor too. What are you running?
Falken RT615's 205/50/R15
get some drag radials...i know my friend with the fully built all motor type-r in his ef hatch ran them and he didnt have a problem..im going to call the kid now to see about the head...probably do this through paypal right???
Yeah if its a decent price and I'd like to see pics too..
I have heard good things about the m factory units. I personally have a quaife and love it. It helps with traction, but I still lay down lsd wheel spin like yesterdays business. I would go with the quaife if I were you. You cant beet there warranty, they pretty much dare you to try and break it.
I'm thinking a Quaife sounds like a good plan. 625 shipped on ebay, not a bad buy.
So i know this was probably talked about earlier but i dont have the time to read through everything, still have the d16y7?
No, I do not.

well damn those are the exact tires I'm running. They work great for a stock type r swap! I was hoping they would work for 350+ whp:(

You cant beet the price of $625! Damn I paid like $900 for mine, actually after I got new diff. bearings it was like $1000. I would go with the quaife for sure.

on my crz i had over 1200whp and i used bike tires on a set of 50 cents rims.. they work great!

well damn those are the exact tires I'm running. They work great for a stock type r swap! I was hoping they would work for 350+ whp:(
Haha, they're great tires but I really don't see any street tire being able to hold up to 300+ whp on a FWD car in the streets.
You cant beet the price of $625! Damn I paid like $900 for mine, actually after I got new diff. bearings it was like $1000. I would go with the quaife for sure.
Damn! I feel like I'm getting a steal then.
Its hard to get traction with any kinds of tires with 300+WHP in a Honda, lol!
Haha this is true.. Drag radials :ph34r:
on my crz i had over 1200whp and i used bike tires on a set of 50 cents rims.. they work great!
NiCe MaYnE! I cAn HaZ y0 TyRezzz?

Back