Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hahahaha^ Nice post lol.. +rep for the laugh.. I needed one today.

Anyway, pics of the BOV coming in a sec. Just gotta run upstairs and grab the digi.

Here is my new toy:

100_0448.jpg

Death to diaphragms! Can't wait to try this baby out.
100_0449.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0455.jpg

The signature "mac_24_seven" pic!
100_0456.jpg

Haha, yeah I'm bored. Anyway, can't wait to get this thing mounted up and put it to use. I have heard nothing but great things about these BOV's.

Nice.

I like how it says "All american design" Then it's got a swiss flag on it, with a little modification.

Lol, yeah, I'm not really looking for it to be loud. I wanted something that would function well.

Haha, yeah I know I just noticed that. Pretty funny.

Lol, yeah, I'm not really looking for it to be loud. I wanted something that would function well.

Haha, yeah I know I just noticed that. Pretty funny.

If you want it quiet, just use some return piping. This also has the benefit of prolonging the turbo life, because it allows the compressor to free-spin, with equal pressure on both sides. There's a reason most factory turbocharged cars use recirculating systems, besides just the MAF issue.

(Theoreticaly it could clean off your intake air filter too. Think about it. ;))

I see the boys at UPS did you well in delivering your clutch, Matt. I will thank them personally tonight. :D

How much did that beautiful beast as well as your blow off valve run you?

BOV- 207 shipped.
Clutch- 313 shipped.

Not too bad IMO. Im rakin in the dough, so I'm playing it safe and buying all brand new, quality parts.

K-Sports in the mail.. bye bye shock/springs :ph34r:

Nice. Good call man. All those countless hours of working are paying off I see.

Now, if I could just refer to your for sale thread for a second, there is a guy there, I believe his member name is Luis998, who is awaiting a quote from you. :D He's kind of a douche bag and quite frankly I think he is gay, never the less, he is waiting for his quote, just to remind you. :D:D:D:D

Haha, oh yea.. I did actually get the quote (amazing I know). Send me $55 and I'll have it all shipped to your door. I'm just charging you shipping because I just really need the shop space now. There might even be a few extras thrown in, since I know you are starting a turbo project (or something of the sort). :D

seeing all the goodies you have gotten for your ride makes me wish i had the money to put into mine right now. i cant wait to see more...nice job so far and good luck. peace. }=)

I'm gonna hooker myself to make money to make my car quicker.

Who's pimping me out? I gotta find a dress.

SZ: woah.. MD. I'm going to be in harford county soon. Nice.

Matt: Nice clutch. Too bad I already paid ~1600€ to get mine replaced from the dealership a few months back. (See thread on this topic) I'm thinking that I probably will need a clutch if I turn up the boost more than about 5psi.

Haha, Luis it won't cost you a dime more. :)

Sufikation and Fairlady - Thanks for the kind comments n laughs :)

awptickes (yes I finaly spelled ur name right)- Yea u gotta get a new clutch in that beast. Stock clutches in the D's will only hold 150-160 whp for so long. Especially with spirited driving. Pics coming soon of new lights n such and also suspension :) ASR subframe brace n ctr lower brace coming in t3h mailzzz :)

I'll buy the clutch, and leave it out until I burn up the stock one.

What else are you doing to the suspension? I see you're putting a subframe brace, but what about traction bars, rear LCA's, H-brace, and c-pillar braces? Shit, if you're going to do more than lower subframe and LCAs, you might as well weld in a roll-cage.

Plan on doing the bushings? I'm putting energy bushings in as soon as I wear out any of the bushings, because then I have to replace it anyway.

Hey Matt, forgive me for talking about your for sale stuff on here, but it is hard as hell to navigate around on this "super computer" I'm on right now. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if you had the center console available from that EK. Mine is automatic and it is annoying the hell out of me to not have the shift boot, which I need another if you have it, to stay in place because the automatic was obviously not made for stick. Yeah, that's it. haha Anywho, if you have the center console, cup holder and all and would like to get rid of it, just add whatever your price is to that quote. Thanks man and forgive the thread massaging. :D

AWP- Yeah I plan on doing a traction bar, front and rear upper and lower braces, and my ASR subframe brace is in the mail. As far as bushings I'm not sure I will do the poly bushings just because I have heard they squeak and are a pain in the ass to maintain.. We'll see though. Haha, probably not going to be a cage going in this car :)

Luis- I think I have somethin for ya, let me check and then I'll get back to ya with a for sure answer.

10-4, let me know. I'll take the shift boot as well. I'm thinking I'll be good to send you money when I get paid next week. I have to finish paying off one thing this week and then, LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :D

Back