Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luis- I don't have any extras :( the stuff I pulled out of my hatch was cracked from the thieves, and well, obviously I need the new stuff for my interior haha. Anyway, let me know on the payment and we'll get it rolling.

Everyone else- Pics of the K-Sport coilovers when they get here. And also my HIDs.

Luis- I don't have any extras :( the stuff I pulled out of my hatch was cracked from the thieves, and well, obviously I need the new stuff for my interior haha. Anyway, let me know on the payment and we'll get it rolling.

Everyone else- Pics of the K-Sport coilovers when they get here. And also my HIDs.

I want to see these HIDs. I keep thinking about the whole day I spent trying to figure out how to fit a pair of bi-xenon projectors into my headlight housing... (If I had to do it again, I'd use two normal tsx projectors, not a single bi-xenon.)

Yeah, I want to see them too. I'm ready to do some work. I know it will not be a "bolt-in" affair.

On a side note, had to remove the rear seats and kickpanels today, forgot I have to take the rear glass out to get at the stuff I need to sand. Any tips on getting em out? Its the half size windows on the side of the car, not the glass in the hatch.

hell i think this has been not just the most informative and humorous (maybe friendly)thread/forum i've ever been to. the nissan z31 enthusiast forum was pretty harsh. so yay for pics and friendly terms car talk! you cats are awesome!

No worries man. I'm still curious to know if you have the shiftboot and cup holder/manual console. You know, the thing that has the hole that the stick goes through. :D

awp- Yeah, I found out last night that they are heat sealed. Which is gonna be a bitch. I need to get them out for paint, and it says that about 50-60% of the time the glass breaks. Not really what I want. Not to mention that all the surrounding metal is tin, so I have to be careful with heat.

Subzero- Yep, thats usually how this forum is :)

Luis- Yes I know the thing with the hole that the stick goes through :D but the only one I have is in my car :(

Well my HID "conversion kit" is here. It wasnt really what I had expected, but its definitely something I can handle, I think. Pics in a bit, kind of hungover so the walk out to the shop seems pretty far :ph34r:

Well my HID "conversion kit" is here. It wasnt really what I had expected, but its definitely something I can handle, I think. Pics in a bit, kind of hungover so the walk out to the shop seems pretty far :ph34r:

TTIWWOP

Pics and I can probably walk you through it. (If my How To thread doesn't already cover it.)

Pics are on te way, provided this fucking camera battery will charge up. To me it does look somewhat plug and play. Its got the two ballasts, two bulbs, and a nice lil wiring harness. Fairly simple looking, but I'm sure I can find some way to fuck it up lol.

I'll fax you a battery, Matt. The masses demand pictures! :D

Here we go:
100_0460.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0465.jpg

All thanks to Luis' faxed battery. Woot woot!

Those 'HID's are crap. That's just a rebased d2r bulb so it'll fit in your current reflectors. Not cool to oncoming traffic.

Those 'HID's are crap. That's just a rebased d2r bulb so it'll fit in your current reflectors. Not cool to oncoming traffic.

We'll see how I like em. If they become a problem then I'll remove them in favor of some different stuff. I suppose I could aim the lights down a little to keep oncoming traffic happy.

What made you go with the K sport suspension? What was the price on those?

I have heard nothing but great reviews on them, and I wanted a REAL suspension. Not shocks & springs. They already are far more stiff than my old suspension ever was.

They cost me 720 shipped. Worth every penny so far. We'll see how they perform on the road.

Ok, point taken.

Anyway, the K-Sports are on, took me about an hour to get them fitted, now I need to adjust the right height and dampening.. ride height for now, dampening later as I won't really know how its going to ride unitl I drive it.

Back