Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMAO^^

Next week, first run at the track. I just need to get ahold of the dude that's going to tune my car locally. This pass will most likely be on the 450cc injectors and 6-8 PSI for starters. We'll see how that goes, if I max out the injectors on the wastegate spring, I'll throw the 1000's and the 3bar in and go the week after.

LMAO^^

Next week, first run at the track. I just need to get ahold of the dude that's going to tune my car locally. This pass will most likely be on the 450cc injectors and 6-8 PSI for starters. We'll see how that goes, if I max out the injectors on the wastegate spring, I'll throw the 1000's and the 3bar in and go the week after.

What tires are you going to be running on that night?
What kind of times do you think your going to be getting?

Good luck btw

your car going down the track is like hondaswaps baby taking its first steps lol

^ Lol, no joke. Ive been watchin this from almost the begging. Im anxious to see the times.

What track are you gunna be runnin at?

What tires are you going to be running on that night?
What kind of times do you think your going to be getting?

Good luck btw

your car going down the track is like hondaswaps baby taking its first steps lol
I'll be running the Azenis for right now. I am hoping to run anything better than a 13 for my first few passes, I don't have any seat time so my driving will be shaky.
^ Lol, no joke. Ive been watchin this from almost the begging. Im anxious to see the times.

What track are you gunna be runnin at?
Ill be running at Spokane County Raceway.. they just re-paved the track with concrete and did a whole bunch of work to it apparently.. haven't been out there yet
^lol yea no shit, our baby is growin up lol

are you spraying that night or no?
Yeah I'll be running the methanol, I got everything hooked up for it, just need to get some fluid for it. :thumbsup:
hey man never lift u car 2 the core supor erroor
Uhh?

Fail.

I think I'm going to try and tackle re-circulating the BOV today. I don't really want a bunch of noise, and I have been reading on the benefits, seems like a great idea.

Yeah, my setup is with a recirculating BOV. It's supposed to be easier on the turbo, and tons more efficient. Not to mention a lot quieter and easier on the turbo. <3

Yeah, my setup is with a recirculating BOV. It's supposed to be easier on the turbo, and tons more efficient. Not to mention a lot quieter and easier on the turbo. <3

I know, I'm not into the loud BOV thing, I don't want people to know I'm turbo'd unless I'm getting into the throttle.

So that's on the to-do list for the next couple days, as well as fab up some sort of intake pipe for this thing. Right now theres just a filter jammed on there, and that's too much hot air for my taste :thumbsdown:

Also, it appears that I will be tuning this thing myself. I know the basics of CROME, and will be ordering the stuff to do it from phearable.net tomorrow or wednesday pending a call back from a guy locally who claims he would tune my car, but has been shady about returning my phone calls.
My only other options:
-$300 for a street map from another guy locally ($300 for a street tune? Are you fucking kidding me?)
-$700 at Kaizenspeed + Money to get there :thumbsdown:

I'm burned out on searching for someone to tune this thing :(
Any help/guidance is appreciated.. I don't want the first tune for me to be on my car, making a basemap especially..

Man, Ive had tons of trouble findin a tuner myself. Gotta take my car clear to Vancouver WA for my tune.

Hopefully you can find someone though.

Well I heard back from him today, he's coming by tomorrow to tune it out on the 450's.. we'll see how it goes i guess

um so mr.mirage said turbohatchy called him the other day.. and uhh was like matts a lil pussy ass bitch thinkin im made for a measly 13 seoconds 1/4 mile... soo uhm im thinking 12's..based on what ive been told by my car.

-$300 for a street map from another guy locally ($300 for a street tune? Are you fucking kidding me?)
making a basemap especially..

Well i paid 400$ for my tune, plus 200$ for some other shit i had run. All i basically paid for was the Neptune hardware which retails at 400$ and the man street and dyno'd me. Overall 600$+ tune, but still. I think your better off having a professional tune it after alllll the work you put into this thing, ya know? Dont wanna crash and burn from your own mistake.

um so mr.mirage said turbohatchy called him the other day.. and uhh was like matts a lil pussy ass bitch thinkin im made for a measly 13 seoconds 1/4 mile... soo uhm im thinking 12's..based on what ive been told by my car.

What the fuck???

Well i paid 400$ for my tune, plus 200$ for some other shit i had run. All i basically paid for was the Neptune hardware which retails at 400$ and the man street and dyno'd me. Overall 600$+ tune, but still. I think your better off having a professional tune it after alllll the work you put into this thing, ya know? Dont wanna crash and burn from your own mistake.

What the fuck???

For sure.

Oh and plexer is my friend haha, he's not just rambling on, it all makes sense to me lol

Anyway, the car is running better from idle till about 2k rpms.. I had to pull the intake mani off today to install an IAT sensor and fix the IACV which is still giving me trouble.

Anyone have any info on the OBD1 integra IACV? Everywhere I've looked it seems to be a one wire plug (a9 on the ecu) but I'm not sure if thats the case

any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated.

Getting issues solved as of right now.

Car will be getting tuned on the RC1000's on Wednesday.

Dyno numbers to come in the next two weeks or so depending on availability. Track times this friday or next friday.

Possible dyno tune tomorrow.

Break in is complete, over 1k miles on the engine so far and everything is running flawlessly. Two days ago I pulled the pan, changed the pan gasket and crush washer, and changed the oil and filter. Inside of the pan looked great, no shavings, nothing abnormal.

So the dyno tune will be just a tune on the wastegate (somewhere around 10psi I believe). Methanol injection will be going, so we'll see what I can do with some timing. I'll get a vid up ASAP.

Bad ass. Good luck, and cant wait to see what it puts down.

Tuner is on his way to my house. Vids to come, got a couple buddies going with me so Ill see if I can get someone to take some

Back