Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg... now that its done i read that you have to drive 300 miles post tune... its recomended.. so u can just drive over..

Whats the drive from Spokane to Seattle? Im too lazy to look it up. You could just make the drive. Then, Ill meet you there and check this beast out. :D

Ran into a little timing and injector problem.. Tune later tonight hopefully. New windshield and track tomorrow if all goes well tonight.

Whats the drive from Spokane to Seattle? Im too lazy to look it up. You could just make the drive. Then, Ill meet you there and check this beast out. :D
3hrs if u dont stop and go roughly 75 (spdlimit 70).... not to bad.

Shit thats not too bad. And, you could even check out the local tracks and make some runs here too. Nothin like this cold, dense mountian (almost anyways) air to make good power.

Nothin like this cold, dense mountian (almost anyways) air to make good power.

You do realize that mountain air is less dense, right?

(It's the temperature though that's the kicker.)

EDIT:
I used to go to Feldberg backroads to datalog on my civic so I could get the very best tune I could have. It worked too. My civic has an incredible partial-throttle tune.

You do realize that I said "(almost anyways)" right?

Im at 500' above sea level, so is one of the tracks Im talkin about. That beats the hell outa 2,000 some odd feet. The ambient air temps are better where Im at too. For makin power anyways.

Haha I'd be in boost the whole way over there pretty much. 75mph in 5th gear puts me at almost 4,500 rpms
I have Toyo Proxes 205/40zR17 will those go nice on a track when it's done?.
Toyo's are nice tires. What car is this on? What kind of power is it putting down?
Shit thats not too bad. And, you could even check out the local tracks and make some runs here too. Nothin like this cold, dense mountian (almost anyways) air to make good power.
Where about are you from? I know its somewhere in Western WA, just not exactly sure where.
You do realize that mountain air is less dense, right?

(It's the temperature though that's the kicker.)

EDIT:
I used to go to Feldberg backroads to datalog on my civic so I could get the very best tune I could have. It worked too. My civic has an incredible partial-throttle tune.
I'm assuming this is tuning with Hondata?
You do realize that I said "(almost anyways)" right?

Im at 500' above sea level, so is one of the tracks Im talkin about. That beats the hell outa 2,000 some odd feet. The ambient air temps are better where Im at too. For makin power anyways.

For sure, air temp is an issue, its been really hot for most of the tuning I've done so far :thumbsdown: but tonight we are gonna wait till about 7pm to get out there and get the street tune done.

ey matt .. got a question for you .. when you first did the swap .. you remember wat fuel feed line you used? .. did your motor come with it already? .. jw since im doing a 96 LS swap into my 96 HB dx too . and my stock fuel feed line dont work with the b series fuel rail .. also would any b series fuel feed line work? or jus 94+ integra fuel feed line only .. thx

Haha I'd be in boost the whole way over there pretty much. 75mph in 5th gear puts me at almost 4,500 rpms

Toyo's are nice tires. What car is this on? What kind of power is it putting down?

Where about are you from? I know its somewhere in Western WA, just not exactly sure where.

I'm assuming this is tuning with Hondata?

For sure, air temp is an issue, its been really hot for most of the tuning I've done so far :thumbsdown: but tonight we are gonna wait till about 7pm to get out there and get the street tune done.

These are mounted on my 17" ADR Interspeeds. The car is a 1990 Honda Civic Cx shell and as for engine I have an OEM rebuilt D16a6/D16y8 combo.

What I meant by that is that I am in the process of rebuilding the block to OEM as well as the head with a Crower "stage 2" cam and stiffer valve springs, CAI, 4-2-1 header, p06 converted to p28 base map, and misc stuff. I think I should be around the 140-145 range. I'm not quite sure yet though.

Got ya, I'd expect the 17's to hold you back a little bit, but it sounds like those are a decent tire for your build. Is this going to be autocrossed or anything of the sort?

Update on my car.. fuck my life is all I have to say. The bolt for the timing belt tensioner screwed up the threads inside the block, they look to be salvageable (meaning I can clean them up) but we'll see what I can do with them tomorrow.. hopefully it works =/

I'm going to try cleaning the threads first. If I cant get them to clean up, out comes the motor and it'll be out for the summer most likely. It'll get sleeved before it goes back in if it has to come out.

The JB weld and tap idea would work like a charm. Justlet it cure for a day or two before you run a tap through it. Yould, never have a problem with it again lol.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your question, I move around between the Tacoma area and the Kent/Auburn area. Both South of Seattle. One of the tracks is in Kent and the other is just North of Tacoma. And the air temps over here are perfect between about 5 and 8 PM. Nice cool air, with warm pavement <3.

Last edited:
Back