MBC, BOV, Wastegate, and Boost Guage Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raidmax

I'm all confused on how to hook up everything. I've hooked it up 3 or 4 different ways and still can't get everything to work.

I have a Manual Boost Controller, XSPower wastegate, BOV, and boost guage....

Right now... I have a vac line from the back of the intake mani to the BOV. another vac line from back of intake mani to bottom port on MBC. Top port on the MBC to the side port on wastegate and also the boost guage is T'd into this line.

Try leaving the MBC out for now and see if you can get it to boost to the spring pressure and hold it there. Then try upping the boost after.

T the boost gauge onto the BOV line and leave the Wastegate one just for the wastegate. You should be tapping into the vacuum line for the Fuel Pressure regulator or the brake booster to be safe ;)

I seen your other thread on the no rev past 4-5K. Is that where your Vtec crossover is? I know on the Toyota's with High-lift, if the Oil Pressure switch doesnt read correctly it wont switch to the high cam and the car will go into limp mode. Maybe you're getting the same.

i left the MBC out.... and I get about 7 psi on the BG. I may be loosing 1 psi somewhere?

I installed the MBC today. The bottom port on the MBC goes to the wastegate, and the top port on the MBC goes to the back of the intake mani.

I will let you know how everything goes....

With the MBC hooked up.... I can turn it all the way down and the lowest boost I can get is like 14psi????

My engine still cuts out under boost though.... kinda like the fuel is getting cut off by the ECU or something? Please see my other post "Engine cuts out" if you can help me.

I have two MBC... I think they are XSPower MBCs. One of the MBC says nothing on it, and the other one says High Performance. I will try the other one to see if I can get the boost turned down. Why am I getting 14psi when the MBC is turned all the way down?

Thanks,
David

Back