minitruck??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you have to build the notch in the rear if your going bagged??
i looked up under my truck just now and the rear axle is about an inch and a half from the frame..and with someone jumping in the bed it doesnt hit..

i looked up under my truck just now and the rear axle is about an inch and a half from the frame..and with someone jumping in the bed it doesnt hit..

Yes, notching allows you plenty of room to lay out and no hit on the frame.

Yes you most definitely have to notch it.

yeah you are going to have to notch your frame so your axle will have enough room to travel when laid out.

Found this on a site.
DSC_9352.jpg

heres the link to the rest of the pics. go through it and look for points. Of course dont copy.

Phil Gordon Photography - FloridaTruckScene.com

DSC_9509.jpg

DSC_9511.jpg

I know this truck. Its totaled now, he was towing it down the road and the passenger door came open on the trailer. The cab was all jacked up and he decided to let the truck die.

It was a awesome design though, one of the kegs is his fuel tank, the other covered his battery tray. All hydro setup. Almost everything that he did in the truck was custom though, his suicide hinges were custom fabbed and welded.

i like BDN's setup..im not going for something spectacular..i just want a setup..
id like it to look like the ranger..

Same thing these two guys have been telling me. Patience and budget. You can build the most beautiful trucks on a budget.

and thats how itll be built..im def. on a budget..and itll slowly be built..it is my daily driver..so what i want to do is get all the info i can and then when i have the funding ill tear it down and get it done
but im going to get it done right the first time..

No offense but I doubt it will ever happen. Most people talk big and then realize that they don't have the sack, money, time, motivation, to do it.

No offense but I doubt it will ever happen. Most people talk big and then realize that they don't have the sack, money, time, motivation, to do it.

Yeah, most people are scared about cutting into their perfect working vehicle. then back out of the thought and end up dealing with whatever they have and making excuses.

Yeah, most people are scared about cutting into their perfect working vehicle. then back out of the thought and end up dealing with whatever they have and making excuses.

Yep, or trading it for a 94 Hatch with an LS swap and bald tires because it is within their comfort zone.

if i where you first thing would be to change those rims .. theres one on stock escalade rims dnt look to bad .

why would i get rid of the rims??
they look 20x better than escalade rims do..i hate escalade rims on these trucks..looks likei m trying to go dub on it

i agree... the escalade wheels look gay on minitrucks. the wheels you have look fine, they would be way down my list of things to do if the truck was mine.

why would i get rid of the rims??
they look 20x better than escalade rims do..i hate escalade rims on these trucks..looks likei m trying to go dub on it

Your wheels = won't tuck...waaay too much lip.

I believe that you will follow through. Feel free to ask any questions.

wel the wheels in the frotn are tucked now so they wont be a problem..
if anything i can widen the fenders a little so the rears will fit..
as of now this is something id rlly like to accomplish..ive been reading up on notching and stuff and im pretty damn confident me and MY MOMS boyfriend can get this accomplished..hes pretty good at fabbing shit up and welding(weve built a couple circle track racecars in the yard)
my main question now is..
BAG ON AXLE
BAG OVER AXLE
what do these mean??
and when i do the notch do i still use the rear part of the frame or do i build something else?

Back