Mitsu Turbo Manifold -vs- F22 Manifold Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
As promised, I went to my buddies shop who has the Turbo Colts. I bought a OEM gasket for the Accord first so we could compare it to the manifold. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close! Close enough for me to continue the project on!!! I paid $100 for the manifold, turbo and O2 housing.

There's a couple mounting holes that need to be opened up or channeled to work, but so what! It'll still clamp down tight and the exhaust port holes are right on! I'll post more pics and vids when I get this project finished!

Thanks for the tips guys!!! Hoping to be driving a Turbo'd F22 soon!

manifoldface.jpg

manifoldallignment.jpg

I plan on porting the manifold and turbine housing to try and get some better flow out of the shitty flowing 1G Mitsu manifold.

manifoldneedporting.jpg

turbineopening.jpg

If I had kept my 92 prelude, I would have done the same thing.

H23s of DOOM. If mine hadnt shot a rod through the block, i would have done it too.

better than an hf mani for a dseries, id rather drill some holes than get an adapter plate

keep up the pics with the project

i thought the bolt pattern on the H23 and F22 was diffrent?

and excellent info man, i always heard about it working, but now we see the real deal...
this is excellent info, and thanks so much for actually checking it out and then forwarding on the pics to us...
nice to see someone give back a bit...

and i'm looking forward to hearing about this build...

F22 are prob one of hondas strongest motors without a doubt...

i would definatly without a doubt think TWICE if not 3 or 4 times before attempting boost on an H23, i've seen some many blow up, and heard so many other stories, and these were all NA...

hmm, i may be seeing an accord in my future...

My h23 is on that list of blown ones.

and F22 and H23 have the same bolt pattern. The H22 is different.

NO PROB, it only cost me $14 to buy a gasket and see if it really would work. At least some real info with backup is out there now, glad I could offer some kind of help to the forum.

I thought the F22 motor was pretty strong with just my ghetto SR intake on it. I raced my buddies 98 Jetta VR6 last night and faired pretty well. I was shocked actually! Until around 75-80 he was only a car length ahead on me, but my car has no exterior moldings on it at the moment and it DRAGS really bad above 80! :rofl:

I locked the manifold into my milling machine at work today and modified the flange to fit the head. It easily slides onto the F22 head and fits really well on there! Pics soon to follow! :)

I just got finsihed porting the manifold. BUT, no sooner did I finish I went out and bought a EVO3 GT turbo. Now I need to port the exhaust opening from the puny 5cm to 7cm! Here's a few pics of my work lately.

Here's the size of the opening stock:
oemexhaust.jpg

Here's what it would've been with the 14b turbo: 5cm
portedexhaust.jpg

Here's about how big it will be when I port it for the EVO3: 7cm
newexhaust.jpg

Here's a quick pic of the runners after I ported them slightly:
portedrunners.jpg

I need to port the back of the one middle runner a lil more, it still looks a lil tight back there:)

I also bought the rest of the parts needed to finish the build. I plan to have it done by the end of the month(Feb.). Recent buys:
Same side Inlet/Outlet Intercooler
2.5" universal piping kit
New BOV flange for a Greddy Type S of my other car
12:1 FMU
Walbro 255lph pump
NGK 1 range colder plugs
TSI Map boost blocker box thingy :)
4 Autometer gauges (A/F, EGT, Boost, Fuel Pres.)
Various couplers

I'm thinking about going to a 3" exhaust. Prolly 3" turbo-back, no cat with a HKS muffler, I'm kinda partial to the HKS :) The original plan was to stick with the stock exhaust, but I think with going for more power it's not going to be possible. I'm aiming for 250whp. I'd like to get there with only 6psi, but that prolly won't happen. Anyone know what the HP/TQ #'s are F22 turbo's?

explosive...please rethink the 12:1 FMU decision. you were doing so well.

yeah, definitely doing well, the FMU is the only thing that scares me

I agree it's not the best decision for the car to use the FMU. BUT, for now it's going to have to work. I already have a set of DSM 450's at home, but I need a tuning device to use them. I really like my Emanage on my Matrix, so I'll prolly shell out the dough for that soon.

I already know I'm going to have to drop the tranny again and switch out clutches. SO, when I do that, I'll do the injectors, Emanage and a Phantom Grip too :)

Back