Motorcyle stop leads to federal wiretapping charges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cop didn't have a dash cam as he was off duty in his personal vehicle. And to be honest, all this guy needs to do is ring up the ACLU and that police department will settle in a heartbeat. While I hate the ACLU for most of the stuff they stand for, they will actually fight a case like this pro-bono and I can respect that.

Either way, the cop should've been recorded, because if it wasn't it would be the cops word against the bikers - which in court the cop would win.

I think it should be mandatory for cops to be recorded as they perform their duties. The word of a cop shouldn't be given more credibility than a citizen.

this is exactly how it should be.
if anything, a cop should have a little less credibility.
most of the time, the cops are talking crazy shit to cover their asses.

this is exactly how it should be.
if anything, a cop should have a little less credibility.
most of the time, the cops are talking crazy shit to cover their asses.

...and most of the time they will get away with it. All the pushing of envelopes that goes on behind the scenes to protect the people in LE is ridiculous.

What's the old adage--protect your own or something like that.

then he should have had his badge out WITH his gun and identified himself as an officer.
he should have assumed that the camera ON TOP of the guys helmet, in plain fucking site was on.
he fucked up.
he knows he fucked up
his department knows he fucked up.

they are just trying to make this guy out to be the one that fucked up.

so according to this law, security cameras need to shut off when an officer is in range.
banks need to shut off their cameras when an officer walks in.

and yes, they are different situations, but the law is the law. and if they can take it to this extreme, then it should be taken to that extreme too.
he KNEW there was a camera there, he can see it, its plain as fucking day.
in his mind he KNEW it was on. if not, then he's truly fucking stupid and has no goddamn right to have a badge.
if it were me on the bike, im sure as fuck not going to be reaching up to turn off a camera when a guy is coming at me with a gun. and no proper identification.

this should be taken all the way up to the supreme court.
the police work for US. its not the other way around. they are a government run entity, they work for us. we should be able to video tape them, its our responsibility to keep them in check just as much as its their responsibility to keep us in check.
if they have the right to tape us with their fucking dash cams, then by god we should have to right to whip out our cell phones, video cameras, and whatever the fuck else, and tape them.
that way, it cuts out a lot of the "he said she said" bullshit.

/rant.

Well most law enforcement work for the city/county/state but I see what you are saying. As for the recording without consent that too depends on the state.

in NYS the govenor signed an executive order making pulling someone over in an unmarked vehicle for a traffic violation illegal

i was pulled over by a detective in an unmarked car and he just held me there until a cruiser showed up to write me the tickets
this guy should have just held the throttle down and launched the bike into the opening drivers door
what was the cop going to shoot him for driving away?

The motorcyclist's attorney should use the AssUMe defense; he should say that it's wrong for the officer to "assume" the camera on top of the motorcyclist's head is off simply because the motorcyclist did not inform him otherwise. Then, he should go on to say when you "AssUME," you make an Ass out of U and Me.

Banks always post something about cameras......

that they do.
but the camera was POSTED on top of his head.
if that doesnt say the exact same thing as a sign stating "you are being recorded" then he should get his head checked.

whenever i see a camera out, whether it be in somebodies hands, attached to something, or it sitting there and people in front of it, i assume something is being photographed or filmed.

Video taping is not the problem here. It's the AUDIO that is getting this guy into shit. The law states that taping AUDIO without consent is illegal--it states nothing about video.

Even at that, it's just something to get this guy through the court system to put something on him. They are only doing it because even if it gets reduced, he still has to pay a fine and will have a record...

Beat me to it George. The audio is 100% the issue here. Not the video. Most survielence equiptment only takes video and no audio to be compliant with the law

This is complete bull shit. For one, when the officer got out of his vehicle, he didn't say "state police" at first, he ordered someone to get off their vehicle with a what I AssUME a loaded weapon.
The first thing this guy does?

Back the fuck up. some dick head is coming at you with a gun, lets get some space so I can make a break if it turns to be some psychotic asshole who's pissed at his wife and just wants to go on a random shooting spree.

yet didn't they claim they wouldn't even have known about the tape if he hadn't posted it online? So some ass hole was scrolling youtube or another video site, noticed this video, and realized they were caught on tape fucking up? So what does the state law enforcement do? Exactly what they did when they we're taped. Make more of an asshat of their selves.

Last edited:
Holy fuck. this was RIGHT where I live.

In MD the police will record traffic stops, but they say "you are being audioly and videographicly recorded" immediately upon walking up to your car. (at least that's the exact words the state trooper used with me.)

I think I'm gonna use that line next time I get pulled over.

Cop: You got any fuckin idea how fuckin fast you were going asshole?
Me: You are being audially and video-graphically recorded
Cop: O, may I see your license and registration please sir?

i wonder if you have the right to deny consent to be recorded. just cause you know about it isnt consent. and i bet if you told the cop you were recording him, he would tell you to turn it off in a heartbeat.

i wonder if you have the right to deny consent to be recorded. just cause you know about it isnt consent. and i bet if you told the cop you were recording him, he would tell you to turn it off in a heartbeat.
They'd tell you to get fucked. The rules don't apply to cops.

Back