1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie review: Transformers

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by BodyDroppedNikes, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

so i went and saw the Transformers movie. i was completely blown away with the movie. it was non-stop action and had quite a bit of funny moments. the CGI was incredible as well. all in all i really enjoyed it and recommend seeing it!

BDN rating: 9 out of 10

1 person likes this.
  2. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

cool, taking my son to see it this weekend.

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

just a note, the movie is 2.5hrs long...

4. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

you seem to have liked it a lot but only gave it a 9. is there something that you didn't enjoy about it?

5. SHOGUNOVDDRK

SHOGUNOVDDRK New Member

it was a great fucking movie ^_^

i went with a whole bunch of guys from my civic club :mellow:

*giggles* but i got to see it before all you americans because we released it first (dont you just love the 4th of july) out in australia 28 June 2007

6. FFCiv

FFCiv Senior Member

shits amazing

7. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

i'll wait until the kids are here. :)

8. SHOGUNOVDDRK

SHOGUNOVDDRK New Member

Did anyone notice the 1/3g crx/civic? ^_^

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

I enjoyed the movie, the action was decent for PG-13, the CGI was good, but I had 3 seizures from having to sit too close to the screen.
    My only gripe about the movie is about a third of the way in, it turns into a full blown Chevrolet/GM commercial. Most of the transformers are GM products, just about ALL of the vehicles in the movie are GM products, and whenever they show one, they make a point to zoom in for a close-up of the bow-tie/GMC badge.
    Then, about 2/3 of the way in, it shifts gears to become a recruitment video for the armed forces, with the characters dropping priceless lines like "Well, we couldn't have done it without the Air Force." (There were like 3 National Guard commercials before the movie started) This was on top of hundreds of little snippets of product placement throughout the entire movie that really turned me off. By the time the movie ended all I could think about was joining the military, buying a new chevy, and enjoying one of the many refreshing Pepsi-Cola products. As soon as I got to fresh air, these urges slowly faded, but left me unsettled none the less.

10. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Pay less attention to the product placement and more attention to the movie.

BattlePope Verdict: Michael Bay may live. For now.

11. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I heard all the robots acted more like monkeys, swinging from things and breaking lamps.

12. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

I had a problem with the product placements at first too, but then I remembered that the entire Transformers animated series was created with the sole intent of selling the action figures anyway. Only kind of makes sense to advertise in a movie about a cartoon made for advertising. :shrug: I'm impressed (and surprised) that Shia LaBeouf actually did a great job as Sam, and pretty much carried the movie.

I had a few minor complaints, but not too many.

SPOILERS BELOW! Colored it the same as the background for safety, highlight it to read:

The scene where Sam and Mikaela are in the cop car is weird... Why did Sam get hurt and upset at the fact that she had a record? Seemed like they tried to jam some conflict between the two in there for no reason.

Very little story as far as the Transformers themselves went. Jazz's death was pointless and anti-climactic... He could have at least gone out with a bang, rather than jump right into Megatron's hands and get ripped in half for nothing.

Speaking of Megatron, his death as well as the destruction of the AllSpark was anti-climactic too. Megatron crawls towards Sam, gets nailed with an AllSpark to the chest, and slumps to the ground? The AllSpark, as old as the Universe, harbinger of life, is shoved into Megatron's chest and just fizzles out? No memorable last words from Megatron, no fantastic end for the AllSpark?

Nothing from Starscream, either... They needed to show his hatred of Megatron, his lust for leadership of the Decepticons. Something as simple as Starscream having the chance to save Megatron, maybe by pulling the AllSpark out of his chest, but turning away to let him die instead. "Your time is at an end, Megatron, but mine is just beginning." That's all it would have taken.

END SPOILERS

Other than those things, I think the movie was fantastic. I was worried that yet another 80's franchise from my childhood would be destroyed, but overall it's a pretty good tribute.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  13. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Glad to hear its a good movie.. I was hoping that they'd do transformers justice, and not just slap down some random crap and collect whatever cash they could before word got out that the movie sucks. (Ala Dungeons and Dragons and Rider)

14. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

i was going to see it... but Tyrese just ruined it for me

15. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Unless you love movies with plot lines written by a 4th grader, zero character development and corny humor, you're not missing much.
    It seemed to me that the original cut was much longer with scenes that made the plot flow better, but then they cut all those scenes out to bring it down to 2.5 hrs while still retaining all the CGI scenes. Thus making the plot nonsensical. I just couldnt get into it.
    I really felt the movie was a let down considering the size of it's budget.

16. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

My review:

Film Company realizes this is a sure thing to make money

Hire disrespectful writers to bastardize the storyline

GM and Ford shell out millions to get Bumble Bee and other in their likeness

Movie becomes mass marketing campaign for cars that no longer sell well due to high gas prices

A Frontal labotimized nation of "do what MTV says is cool" zombie consumers eats it up

I sigh

[​IMG]

RIP little buddy, even is I was a Starscream kinda guy :(

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  17. Black Widow g2

18. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

19. Black Widow g2

just to show you that Mitsu had bumble bee from the beginning. :D Unless that's a Talon... :shrug:

20. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

that car is powered by Ebay lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted