MPG and modification.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kakaroto_ss4

OK people i really like my EF but i'm not a runner at all i just want to know some thing that can make my ef look good and stay getting good mpg LOL.

i want a new header something like 4-2-1 do this affect my MPG??

i love the turbo sound but look i'm not that rich maybe when i get another car i will put one on my ef just for the sound but if u know bout a turbo tunning with a good mpg average u can tell.

and i will accept a list of many modification that i can do to my engine that conserve my mpg rating. like a new cam gear or gas presure regulator anything u can tell.

and if u know something that give me more mpg.:D:D:D
Thankx...:ph34r::rolleyes:

A tune up, lighten the car by taking crap out of it. Lighter rims. Good tire pressure. Get the car properly timed and dont stomp the gas. All emission sensors work good.

I dont know if the header will change any, the more the car can flow the less it has to work, the less gas you need to use. But it wont change a whole lot. Probably not even noticable.

Sure you can, maybe wont do anything tho. The aftermarket adjustable cam gears are usually lighter, but is useless unless you have aftermarket camshafts, which will not give you better MPG.

Wouldnt hurt your MPG, but again probably not help either.

Not much else you could do friend, a good tuned well working car, tire pressure and lighter weight, thats all.

as long as that Skunk2 header is in good shape then you should go ahead and put it on. If you are looking into more power and still have good gas mileage, try doing a "mini-me" swap or even going with a d16z6 or d16y8 swap, which are vtec, with the SI transmission. you will still 35+ mpg and have decent power once u hit vtec. if that's not your cup of tea, just put a short ram intake, that skunk 2 header, and like Justin66 said, make sure all of our emission sensors are in good shape. having a bad o2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, or even clogged fuel injectors can make your mpg horrible. i personally get 35+ (really around 40mpg when i keep it out of VTEC) with my setup and i love it. keeping your throttle pedal not pinned to the floor will definately keep your mpg high. if u want the ultimate mpg/power, just find a crx HF motor and tranny stg2 clutch, and turbo the motor. u will get like 50+ mpg and when you give it throttle u'll have p0wa!!!(just kidding)

Last edited:
Yeah you can do anything that would be considered a mild build with a good tune and it will be efficient. The key is a GOOD tune. Like, invest a lot of time and money. But you can even go turbo on a little bit of boost with stock internals for a niiice increase in power, and with that good tune, it will be just as efficient.

Weight reduction. Anything you can live without, strip it. Make sure you fill or strengthen where appropriate. Like if you remove your air bags, please compensate with a race harness or something. But use your imagination. Lots of things can be replaced with new technology that weighs less, and performs better. (battery, rims, flywheel, carbonfiber panels, etc)

Oh. Didn't know we was pimpin a D13.. Eh try a swap. Might be the best option. There are honda motors with more power and better gas millage from the factory that can be put in quite easily.

Speaking of carbon fiber, my hood is freakin heavy, feels like 50 pounds, i could use it.

i mean maybe its less efficient cause the ef2 is feel too much heavy for the d13b

I think you should find a D16Y8

Actually any D16 would be sweet for that matter, the more vtec the better lol

Or a B16

Or a B18anything

as far as i know, u can convert any d series motor to vtec, except a "ZC" which is dohc. just search for mini me on here and check that stuff out. basically u swap out your non vtec head and put a vtec head on instead. do a bit of wiring for vtec, and something to the dizzy( someone chime in on this, i'm not exactly sure), and voila! u got a vtec! as far as a power increase, it depends on ur stock hp rating, but on a 110hp crx si u would net about 15-20hp, bumping it up to 125 - 130hp. my friend did the mini-me swap on his CRX SI. but that was back when i wasjust getting into cars so i didn't know all the specs on how to do it. it would be pretty cheap to do and less labor involved than doing a whole motor swap. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!

Back