msd ignition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

crx with b18a1 1991 integra ls engine, anyone have a msd ignition on their ride. there are legit ones on ebay but does anyone recommend them? Im not really looking for gained performance but rather bettter breathing and starting of my 1.8 L. Any advise?

I'd go with a new set of wires, a good set of NGK's, and if you are looking into forced induction or nitrous, an MSD blaster cap, and Blaster-series coil. I have a full setup on my D-series, and I love it. Original cap and coil were fried, so I decided to go aftermarket. I wouldn't suggest a coil and cap for a basically stock motor, as it's not needed - however.

i have a complete msd 6a system on my lsv and i love it...i took it off one day and i did notice a difference...better idle and response...but i had a cr of 11.5:1...so that might be why i felt a diff...now that i have 10:1...i doubt i would "feel" a change

Quoted post[/post]]
i have a complete msd 6a system on my lsv and i love it...i took it off one day and i did notice a difference...better idle and response...but i had a cr of 11.5:1...so that might be why i felt a diff...now that i have 10:1...i doubt i would "feel" a change
formby what was the cost of your lsv setup if you dont mind me asking?

99 b16 head...$600
ls block...free
crank kit...160
stock rods 100
stock pistons .020 over....140
oem gsr oil/water pump....150
gasket set 100
hone/bore... 75
timing belt....65
arp head studs/rod bolts....125
assembly...200

yeah get it....msd has a nice broad burn curve. you won't notice power increase, but it'll combust better and start easier.

Back