My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uh oh!!! Probably got them @ K-Mart, 400 Oak Street, Cincinatti Ohio....

He ran stupid ugly lines to an external oil cooler on the ae86
shoobs 86 I didnt do those, I had mad hours in helping doing the swap and wiring, but I have never owned or did the external oil cooler like they like, it deff was a fad in the drift scene that faded quick, mines functional , and the stock oil filter literally one whole side is touching header, was 100% needed, nobody has ever been able to go on long drives in the 79 before the relocation was done (it was just a show car soo it didnt matter)

There's always a connection to shoobs... Does shoobs have a show car?
Need to talk shoobs into a build thread.

Last edited:
they stopped putting the oil cooler on the outside of the car because everytime someone mad dorifto'd the front end into another car or wall oil was left all over the track surfaces. so in competition and even basic novice events it became an instant tech fail.

well I never had a part of it , and shoob and I might not have the same taste in cars but dudes been a damn good friend thats stuck around, anyways back on topic of the 79

I think Steve reeeeally likes that guy. More posts talking about him than he even made as a member. Haha

okkkk I got bored in my garage with a high speed buffer, and now im nerding out on paint correction lol am I wasting my time and just get the car painted or should I correct all I can on the car and have whats left professionally fixed? like the car is shining up PRETTY DAMN GOOD and I didnt damage the green stripe hardly at all wet sanding it before spraying it red, im happy with the results thus far , and it gives me something to do
10615539_10155305553305076_2961169335030786313_n.jpg

2002/3ish
10362515_10155305562365076_2916574128970281602_n.jpg

well now that 1/4 of the car is damn near perfect... havent seen it shine like this since I was a little kid, im hooked on correcting paint now and just getting the bad spots fixed professionally
1453312_10155309666550076_1754928530067493040_n.jpg

lol polished the bottom side of the hood, removed more stickers, cleaning the car up has been a great way to pass the time after work
11081446_10155313431805076_7306396354281670869_n.jpg

should have a new carb and radiator by the end of next month, id like to have the car FULLY detailed and paint corrected and back together by mid july and be driving it again this summer on weekends before it undergoes the knife to have the fiberglass repaired and have upholstery made , id like to find a nice set of rsx seats for it , im ditching the SHO seats ASAP

So, how's the new job going? Must be ok, more time to play with the hobby which is a good thing. You liking the feel of Snap On?

The effort of paint restoration is good. Soon, spend some real money on it. Build it up, then paint it, then keep it and drive it.

I'm doing similar with a 2004 Chevy Blazer I bought last August, only it's my DD. Put a little over $10K into it so far and it's much better than what I drove home for $6400 + TTL. Tranny rebuild with vette parts in it, 4:11 gears, axle bearings, seals, Bilstein shocks, new BFG radial TA's, ball joints, idler arm, flush out brakes & cooling system, top end Viper alarm, monster stereo ($2K), fuel system flush/clean, full tune up, Optima battery, receiver hitch and so on.

I'll make ya happy with it and really commit you to restoring it and doing it right. Bet it will also put a smile on your dad's face.

So, how's the new job going? Must be ok, more time to play with the hobby which is a good thing. You liking the feel of Snap On?

The effort of paint restoration is good. Soon, spend some real money on it. Build it up, then paint it, then keep it and drive it.

I'm doing similar with a 2004 Chevy Blazer I bought last August, only it's my DD. Put a little over $10K into it so far and it's much better than what I drove home for $6400 + TTL. Tranny rebuild with vette parts in it, 4:11 gears, axle bearings, seals, Bilstein shocks, new BFG radial TA's, ball joints, idler arm, flush out brakes & cooling system, top end Viper alarm, monster stereo ($2K), fuel system flush/clean, full tune up, Optima battery, receiver hitch and so on.

I'll make ya happy with it and really commit you to restoring it and doing it right. Bet it will also put a smile on your dad's face.

Snap-On has been a blessing more than you could imagine for me , and yes having the weekends off and plenty more spare time to enjoy my hobbies is a great thing, and yes I know the car will be far from perfect after I go over the entire car but it will still be clean enough and shiny to grab attention this summer/fall while I stack money up to have it professionally painted and interior made, and yes im sure it will put a smile on my dads face he has not seen it in quite a while , playing around with the car today the ignition coil pooped out on me lol soo one more thing to the list it needs, coil, radiator, and a new carb

Once you get it over the top in terms of restoration you'll be very pleased with it and yourself as well. Good luck with it and good on you for the Snap On gig.

and for 00 a shout out to Shoob!!!

well I traded a used ratchet I had on the truck for a accel performance ignition coil for a 88-95 f150 302/351 he had laying around NIB soo modded my harness to use the ignition coil (my old msd blaster pooped yesterday literally pulled the car out of the garage and had no spark when I went to pull it back in lol) anyways I have to make a mounting bracket but it works great and should be plenty of juice for my 1.2L lol I plan on getting a bracket (held on by a 10mm bolt that should be easy to mount anywhere) and the correct plug from pull a part next time I go, but female wire terminals work fine for now, anyways back to wet sanding/polishing
11081083_10155338400025076_1056116174949615916_n.jpg

Back