My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no its mounted on the front cross-member now behind the front bumper right next to one of the air ducts, one problem I always had with the car is because I made the oil system SOO much larger and it had a backflow preventor on the relocation part that threaded onto the block soo if the car was cut off one line and the filter are always full too prevent dry starting the engine, soooo if you check the dipstick with the car off it would always show low (because the rest is in the line and filter) soo if you filled it to the full line on the dipstick really you were over full, its about 3/4 ft of hose now and should take care of that problem soo the coil is getting mounted in its place now

^ WTF are you talking about. Capacity is capacity, fill level is fill level. Fill the fucker up and keep if full. If it takes 10 gallons to hit the full line, put 10 gallons into it.

^ WTF are you talking about. Capacity is capacity, fill level is fill level. Fill the fucker up and keep if full. If it takes 10 gallons to hit the full line, put 10 gallons into it.

"yeah bro.... I do it so I only have to change the oil twice a year! Gotta love that 10 gallon set up... BEST MOD EVER!" LOL
I don;t know why this tickled me so much. >_>

I dunno but, enjoy the laugh!!!! :) I'm fuckin' bewildered. ROFL Everything I've ever done is about more oil capacity is a good thing - within reason of course.

Adding a remote filter adaptor and lines increases capacity of the system overall. I don't understand the don't fill it all the way up part. If it holds 4.5 quarts stock, then adding the long lines and adaptor may take it up to say 5 quarts. Then, fill it with 5 quarts to show full on the dipstick. The system now has 5 quarts capacity. Not, fill it with 4.5 quarts cuz that's how much it's sposed to hold and since there is oil in the lines and adaptor it shows to be low on the dipstick.

Geezus Kriste.

Dillwad can come up with some real amazing stuff.

Last edited:
......one problem I always had with the car is because I made the oil system SOO much larger and it had a backflow preventer on the relocation part that threaded onto the block, so if the car was cut off one line and the filter are always full too prevent dry starting the engine. If you check the dipstick with the car off it would always show low (because the rest is in the line and filter) - if you filled it to the full line on the dipstick really you were over full, its about 3/4 ft of hose now and should take care of that problem.....

You need professional help - recommend you don't tell anyone at Snap On about this problem.

I realize I might have just made a stupid comment but can I not do damage to the crankcase if I take the system meant for 3 quarts and im pushing almost 4.5 through it ? I might need to lay off the reefer but at high rpm when the pump is moving full volume the crankcase is going to have more oil in it and cycling than its meant for and hitting the crank etc will it not create air pockets/bubbles in the oil and lower efficiency and strain on the bearings/seals etc ? also when I put the relocation kit on it is when I had to add the oil catch can because when the crankcase is showing full and the relocation kit is full it pushes out oil at high rpm through the pcv valve (not a large amount by any means but it does almost fill it up in between oil changes) , I dunno the long lines were unnecessary deff not professional looking , I just dont want to end up detonating the engine or killing the oil pump over something stupid (I did loose 5-7 psi of oil pressure at idle after installing the kit also)

Its not the same as a oil cooler that stays full all the time one line is full and one is empty when the car is off, now the lines are short and its notta big deal but when your talkin full motard few feet of hose like I had its too much for the oil system and the old engine talk shit if you want but im not being dumb or saying dumb shit

You're going to drive me to drinkin' - here's a bigassed hug - don't tell 00 or he might make fun of me. Just fill it till it shows full on the dipstick dipshit. :) Adding system capacity via longer lines or oil cooler/remote filter/adaptor doesn't matter to the oil system. More oil is good. Cooler oil is good.

It doesn't affect overall system flow or load on the oil pump. ALWAYS keep the oil level in the pan to the correct range as indicated on the dipstick.

Last edited:
meh I know Im motarded and say some dumb shit somtimes, anyways man ive still got a long way to go on wet sanding and polishing, the rear is done and the passenger side is almost done and now the drivers side and the hood drive me nuts lol but its progress, also SWEEET found a company in puerto rico that makes adjustable camber lower control arm kits for my car, that way I can stop wearing out times 1/4 of the tire at a time (not terrible tires lasted over a year but didnt make it 45k till they are at the wear bars) , also im having a custom bike shop make me adjustable aluminum rear strut mounts (they are a discontinued part) , anyways im excited
11079609_10155349633650076_4003712619520537429_n.jpg

1743457_10155349642215076_2543356962518865455_n.jpg

Sometimes it's a good idea to duct tape an extra quart of oil upside down where the cap goes after filing it up to the top just to add that extra quart of capacity.

Sometimes it's a good idea to duct tape an extra quart of oil upside down where the cap goes after filing it up to the top just to add that extra quart of capacity.
i figured id do a oil pressure mod after that and just loop the oil lines and eliminate having a filter for more flow, and im going to loop the pcv valve over to the dipstick soo it just pushes it out of the head and back in the bottom end by gravity, I get to ditch the filter and the catch can win win

Back