1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 96 civic, b18b1 swap suddenly stopped turning on

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Secret Place, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Secret Place

Secret Place Member

My 96 civic does not want to turn on. It has a remote starter. Everything works, Radio, Alarm, lights Etc.
    I even changed the battery but nothing. When I press my remote to start the car , the fan turns on and a beep noise comes telling me that the car is about to turn on. The lights on the dash turn on then everything just shuts off. But it used to turn on fine. I dont know what to do from here

2. Secret Place

Secret Place Member

When I bought the car and still, I am unable to start the car with the key at all. I used to only be able to turn it on with the remote starter.

3. Secret Place

Secret Place Member

We checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine but the main relay smells a little burnt

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

It really sounds like you're going to have to carefully uninstall that remote starter because it's probably got a poor connection somewhere. Who knows what they did. It might be advisable to take it to a pro

5. Secret Place

Secret Place Member

yeah I gotta go check it out. Thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted