My B16 Turbo 326hp 11psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got it dyno'd at Church's Automotive. i will post pictures of my new build tomorrow.

its not so bad have some one grind out out the steel and weld up that head where the damage is even the spark plug hole then take it to the machine shop to have a new seat put in and the sparl plug hole redrilled and taped then get out the diegrinder and rework the champer or have your person that did the port work fix it. also this appears as it there was mechinacal contact with the valve to piston or valve to valve. how big of cams were you running and are those oversized valves if so they may be hiting eachother. also i have been told by many fast race teams that you donot want to cut the valve guide back in a vtec head because it will cause the valves to move around to much when open. but it dosent appear as if they did this on that head im not sure why someone said that it had been done you should reall get that thing fixed it would only cost maby 300 with machining around here. good luck try again

yes they were oversized valves on the intake side only. as far as the cams the duration of the exhaust was 300 and the intake was 296.

how much lift and did you clay the motor how high were you reving this thing was there rod strech that could have bent a valve then caused it to woble back and forth till it broke also did you make the valve reliefs biger when you did the vtec conversion i know that vtec heads have biger valves then a LS/B20 and will make contact with even stock cams if you dont cut the reliefs bigger. Most people dont do this and cause them self headachs later on.

lol. well that was a b16 block not an ls-vtec. i was driving in traffic when this happened, like i said in the first post. no other valves were damaged except from the broken valve hitting them. I was told that the valve was bad.

i havent had a problem with the manifold or wastegate. they actually work kinda good. as fr as the turbo i had it put together. It is one of those cheep ebay turbo's with a garrett center section.

Back