My buddys CRX SI is quick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anything lightweight has the potential to be quicker for cheaper.

I ran a 15.1 in my buddies 91 crx Si with just an exhaust/intake stripped interior..

Trap Speed has a bunch of variables involved.

Your 60' Time plays an integral part in your overall trap speed.

For instance, on street tires, I was normally pushing a 2.2-2.3 60' Time and my trap was around 98-100mph with a 14.2 - 14.3 1/4mile time

On Slicks, I pushed a 1.8 60' Time and my trap was 96 with a 13.81 1/4 mile time. So even though my trap speed was slower, I had a better ass launch and a much faster 1/4 mile time.

Its all about the PHYSICS y0!

tire size also steve... were the slicks bigger or smaller than your street tires? Going to a bigger slick will drop your trap speed.

just for all your information.....i am his buddie and its MY crx and ask anyone around cincy ohio...no tricks, the engine has never been apart..its a stock other than i,h,e,and a pr4...bullshit card? i think not

also i am getting a del sol s and i intend on going low 15's with that lil non vtec motor too....with out breaking a gasket

Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@Jul 6 2004, 08:38 PM
also i am getting a del sol s and i intend on going low 15's with that lil non vtec motor too....with out breaking a gasket

3 Words--good fucking luck. Anything is possible, but not everything is reasonable.

Del Sol S = overweight and underpowered. It would be a shitload easier if the d15b7 was in a rex, or even a hatch, but the sol is around 2300 lbs.

Originally posted by Havok+Jul 6 2004, 08:50 PM-->
jdmlovingcrx
@Jul 6 2004, 08:38 PM

3 Words--good fucking luck. Anything is possible, but not everything is reasonable.

Del Sol S = overweight and underpowered. It would be a shitload easier if the d15b7 was in a rex, or even a hatch, but the sol is around 2300 lbs.

you have to set goals for yours self...i set mine big

i Can believe a 15.2 stock with exhaust and header... No problem.

My Full weight 1991 Si hatch, weighing in at over 2200+ pounds without me went 16.1 BONE stock, on some POS radial's with a midas muffler falling off of it.

I can see a car that weighs 200-300 pounds less with nearly identical horsepower running 15.2's no problem... hell, I could even see a high 14 as possible on some good tires.

Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx+Jul 9 2004, 07:06 PM-->
Originally posted by Havok@Jul 6 2004, 08:50 PM
jdmlovingcrx

If you think low 15's is "big," I got some news for you...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 9 2004, 07:34 PM-->
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@Jul 9 2004, 07:06 PM
jdmlovingcrx

:werd:

heavy ass accord+h22 automatic= Low 15's

This is just my daily driver. I'd want a little more giddyup before I started bragging about all-motor, no-gasket-eating bad boy.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 9 2004, 07:34 PM-->
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@Jul 9 2004, 07:06 PM
jdmlovingcrx

yes i think it is "big" because i am going to try to do it in a del sol with a d15b7...i have never herd of anyone getting a low 15 with that motor in a del sol n/a...

breaking gaskets was ment befor i start taring the engine apart to get machine shit done

Originally posted by CRX2NR18@Jun 19 2004, 11:48 AM
GSR del sol thats runnin 15.3 (needs it tuned)

Naw, he just needs to learn how to drive. A GSR sol running 15's is pathetic.

Anyhow, I call bullshit. Why? Because I do. Fuck off. :)

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jul 11 2004, 10:03 PM-->
@Jun 19 2004, 11:48 AM
GSR del sol thats runnin 15.3 (needs it tuned)

Naw, he just needs to learn how to drive. A GSR sol running 15's is pathetic.

Anyhow, I call bullshit. Why? Because I do. Fuck off. :)

correct the kid cant drive but his car is now tunned and i am confadent that, that del sol will run at least a 14 something.

bullshit card....got to love it

Back