My crash pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 1 2004, 05:55 PM
Why's that?
[post=424669]Quoted post[/post]​

WHY?? because any car that gets into an accident will never ever be as strong as it once was and/or drive like it used to.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Dec 1 2004, 06:52 PM-->
brian11to1
@Dec 1 2004, 05:55 PM
Why's that?
[post=424669]Quoted post[/post]​

WHY?? because any car that gets into an accident will never ever be as strong as it once was and/or drive like it used to.
[post=424745]Quoted post[/post]​

depends on what is damaged. If it's is just body panels or the bumper & its supports, then there is no probpem w/ the integrity of the vehicle.

In fact, the NHTSA did crash tests of complete vehicles & the same cars with no body panels (i.e. hood, fender, door skins, etc) and there was no loss in safety when these parts were removed.

the frame is bent 2500 min the right front suspension 2500-4500 in parts, also looks like the right front frame is ripped in which case ita right off and cannot be safely repaired. the body panels for that truck will run the 4500 (bumper, hood, door skin, box side, fender rad suppor,t inner fender well, rear quater, box end) and two new rims at 250 a pop from the dealer then there is the light and trim 500.Then comes labour which would be in the 60+ hr range and at an hour thats a minimum of 4000 than there is the painting cost.
the truck will be a right off. if the companey even trys to fix it demand they have it recertified, damage like that to a frame alone means it will be beyond repair

Lets pray its fucked. Hopefully I'll have a check soon and buy my ss or pro sport.

The adjuster is 95% sure he is going to total it, I talked with him a little bit and he seemed more willing to total it. A new frame is needed and possibly an engine since a lot of parts got shoved into it.

there's no such thing as a "new frame" they fix the one you've got or they total it.

Your's, my friend, is totaled.

mind giving up the name of the other insurance company?

Back