My Crx Timing Belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esears

I cant get the belt on right. I cant reach the tensioner. I can get the belt on but its always one tooth off time.

Will the car run with one toothe off time

on the cam shaft pully there are the 3 marks for timing just to the right of it there are 2 more dashes, those are the TDC marks time it to that but before you time it tighten the tensioner b.c once the cover and crank pully is on you cant tighten the belt, at least thats how it was for my D15a2 last weekend

The engine rotates counter clock-wise. SO, the first marks around are going to be the timing (ie: BEFORE TOP DEAD CENTER) then the TOP DEAD CENTER tdc.
Loosen the belt tensioner bolt, push it back as far as you can (to loose), then snug it tight again, keep the crank at tdc, and the alignment marks for the cam gear aligned with the valve cover mounting surface,

Try and keep the radiator side of the belt tight, slip the belt on, get it all aligned on the tensioner bearing, loosen the tensioner bolt, push the bearing back on the belt, tighten the bolt.. You don't have to Gorilla torque it, just about 20ftlbs.

Rotate the engine clock-wise about a quarter turn, then come back counter clock wise to TDC. Check cam gear and see if you have it correct..

E

Back