My DB8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fail. well those mufflers are ~80$ shipped typically. pretty cheap.

hmm. so youre going to do a mild all motor build on this car, then build a track car?
i say turbod k in the track car. 600+whp all day.
Yeah i'll look into them more when the time comes.

Well it depends. I still don't want to spend more than I need to. I planned on doing a B20/VTEC build. $500 for the block, $400 for the head. That's my starting platform for less than a $1k. VS a k series motor that's going to cost me a few grand lol.

But the turbo resonates a lot of the noise as well so I don't think it's going to sound that quiet on my ride lol. Still sounded good though :)

my car is ridiculously loud.. its 3" straight back from the turbo, but still I was expecting a little quieter :ph34r: hopefully it gets a lot quieter with the muffler on there.

a b20vtec track car would be fun :) but you do realize that for 600+hp youre probably going to be pretty deep into that car.. probably more so than $500 for the bottom and $400 for the head lol

my car is ridiculously loud.. its 3" straight back from the turbo, but still I was expecting a little quieter :ph34r: hopefully it gets a lot quieter with the muffler on there.

a b20vtec track car would be fun :) but you do realize that for 600+hp youre probably going to be pretty deep into that car.. probably more so than $500 for the bottom and $400 for the head lol
If you're running an open dump, then no wonder it's so loud lol.

Lol, those prices were for just the starting platform (stock block, stock head). Getting a K series as a starting platform is going to be significantly more. That's also not including the cost difference in the trannies as well...

Small update...

The axles needed replacing when I bought the car. I finally got around to doing it and guess what I find... The driver side axle is seized in the hub :( So I had to pull the entire spindle off. I'm taking it to school tomorrow to see if we can press it out. Wish me luck...

Press...phhhh. Its hamma time!

When my dad and I did the brakes on our old Accord we had to change a wheel stud. We hammered the hub apart then back togther. That was like 30,000 kms ago. lol

Hammer wasn't working, that's why I needed the press. It was just mushrooming the end of the axle and making it bigger than the hub itself. So even if i got it to budge, it wouldn't have came out either way.

I threw it on a 15-ton press at school today, damn thing didn't even move. I even left it on the press for an hour with pressure on the axle while soaked in liquid wrench, still didn't move. The rust has it damn near welded inside the hub :(

Time to source out a new spindle...

Back