My engine starts tomorrow!

?

• You suck Mike&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought since you knew he was in the hospital... you get my point...

Yeah, I know. We had to get the oil squirter block off pieces from him- that was the last part we needed- and I found out the holdup was because he was in the hospital and not in his shop.

Wait, so you aren't running with oil squirters? Is the stroke to long or something? Rods bumping them? What? Glad to see that your car is done, almost. That palm pilot setup reminds me of the Power Commanders they have for cycles. Mad Props. I take it you have the s200 system. What ecu are you using, and how much did the hondata set you back?

Oh yeah. 12.77 CR = WOW!!! :worthy: :burnout: :bonk: :bonk: :drool: Promise me I can drive it if I ever make it out to your neck of the woods.

I am gonna wait until I see the graph, so I can think about "sponsoring" some cams and valvetrain to show people what our products can do in a little before and after test.

get better Larry. Nobody wishes cancer on anyone its horrible and I wish there was a cure.

salute.

Jeff

Originally posted by MikeBergy+May 14 2004, 06:21 PM-->
Wait, so you aren't running with oil squirters? Is the stroke to long or something? Rods bumping them? What? Glad to see that your car is done, almost. That palm pilot setup reminds me of the Power Commanders they have for cycles. Mad Props. I take it you have the s200 system. What ecu are you using, and how much did the hondata set you back?

No oil squirters. The strut design on the bottom of the CP piston looks like an hourglass- it tapers in toward the pin/rod mount.

cp_pistons_med_07.jpg

The Endyn spec Wiseco pistons aren't tapered in toward the pin:

new_pistons_med_4.jpg

The bracing on the underside of the pistons is what was hitting the squirters, and Phillip didn't want to take the chance to bend them so far as to move them out of the way. I did manage to break one of them off in the 3000 miles that the last build lived through, so it's better to just delete them. The purpose of the squirters is to cool the undersides of the pistons anyway, and the forged material plus the ceramic coatings will more than compensate for the oil squirters.

Yup, I'm running the S200. I honestly don't know what ECU is in the car right now... I'll have to look the next time I'm at the shop. I was only paying attention to the pretty colors on the computer screen as I was playing with the fuel maps.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 14 2004, 06:24 PM
Oh yeah. 12.77 CR = WOW!!! Promise me I can drive it if I ever make it out to your neck of the woods.

We'll see. Not too many people get to drive my car these days. :lol:

Import Builders
@May 15 2004, 01:14 AM
I am gonna wait until I see the graph, so I can think about "sponsoring" some cams and valvetrain to show people what our products can do in a little before and after test.

get better Larry. Nobody wishes cancer on anyone its horrible and I wish there was a cure.

salute.

Jeff

Sure thing Jeff- I completely understand your position. I don't really like relying on sponsorship help, but my financial status right now surely welcomes it. I just like doing everything on my own if I can. I would definitely welcome the chance to try out a set of your cams though! The only thing is that I wanted to have the head ported, then the combustion chambers and ports coated by Swain Tech as well.

Hopefully Larry will get better. Supposedly the cancer is moving around his body... but at least he has the financial resources to chase it every time it pops up again. It's not fun.

We'll see. Not too many people get to drive my car these days.

I'll take that. Hopefully I can actually make some money this summer, and I'll finish my swap. Then we can race, switch cars, then race again.

How much whp are you looking for? And what is your average AF ratio with that high CR? I know you have like 93 octane in Texas, and I hate you for it. But i am pretty much building a motor that is a smaller, high revving version of what you have; If I decide to go with the IB spec pistons, I'll be running 12.3 CR on 91 octane, so inform me of what you are looking to run for AF. I already have my skunk2 stage 2 cams :p , and I am almost certain my build will be done by the summer. Tell your boss at UT to give you a raise :)

The boss at UT can't really give me a raise- I'm already the highest paid one in my position- and both she and I know that it's only a transitional thing until I either get into grad school or leave to get another full time job.

:)

The a/f ratio I ran on the last setup was about 13.0:1, and that was with 12.4:1 compression. I didn't get any detonation, but apparently I had enough heat generated that the pistons overexpanded and ate the cylinder walls. I'm probably going to be shooting for a 12.0:1 ratio at full throttle and about 13.0:1 the rest of the time to be safe.

Given that my other two builds made 185whp with slightly different internals each time, I think 185whp again with the stock head is a conservative target- maybe 190-195whp if I'm lucky. I do have more displacement this time. On 91 octane, you'll probably be fine with a/f ratios in the mid 12s to low 13s with 12.3:1 compression.

Back