my Mazda 3 is fuct

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
(off topic)

Airjockie how did you manage that debt?

Current Debt=$228,049.42 (01/08):eek:
Current Debt=$222,000.00 (03/08):cool:
Current Debt=$218,885.00 (04/08):D
Current Debt=$215,018.00 (06/08):)
Current Debt=$213,081.42 (10/08):(

bought a house...bought a new car...have a huge student loan... :(

but watching the debt get smaller makes me happy...until, I realized that to knock off the debt, I'm also paying interest that is the same amount that I'm paying the debt down...and it makes me sad. Seeing the numbers push me to go to work everyday to keep on top of it....and it works. As of last nights paycheck, I've made $95.6Ks and I have a month and a half left to make it into the 100's... just a small goal I made. If I push myself more, I might hit 110 :)

Back on topic, My dads friends 2002 BMW M3 has had sooooo many electrical problems. My 1990 Honda Civic that I bought for $500 is more reliable.

Actually we're not on topic because we were talking about a Mazda 3.

by M3 he meant mazda 3, not bmw.

and yes, the 01's and 02's m3's had issues. most first model years for cars do. but, they were all recalled and handled for free by bmw. he should bring it to a dealer.

Way to go man, if you weren't still pimpin' the trailor park you would have had time to change the oil!!.

Sucks man, but a focus would be like buying the same damn thing all over. I test drove the newer 4 cyl ranger reg. cab. Talk about a vast improvement, they also come with 5 speed autos now, and the 2.3 is now a DOHC and doesn't "wine" like the smaller v6 does.

I drove the 4 cylinder Fusion "sport" package also. Everything about the car is great, except the 4 banger is weak and noisy as hell. I think the v6 fusions are a little over priced though.

Heres a suggestion, If you don't mind driving "a chick car", go check out the tC. I just got one and it's by far the best small car I test drove for the price. Lots of tq. for a 4 cylinder, good options, dealer parts that aren't astronomicaly priced and DON'T void the warranty (except the super charger). Lots of space inside for it to be a 2dr. They're worth taking a look at......

Last edited:
im starting to give some thought to getting a mazdaspeed protege, you know the turbo one... has anyone here had any experience with it? know of any obvious things i should look for?

hmmmm... things to look for... The Name Protege!!! Hey guys are car sucks and its unreliable what can we do... Lets turbo the biotch!!!

ROLF! :D

hmmmm... things to look for... The Name Protege!!! Hey guys are car sucks and its unreliable what can we do... Lets turbo the biotch!!!

ROLF! :D
Damns.. is it really that bad??? I never owned one or even drove one so i wouldnt know lol

I agree with Spec V's, but only if you don't take care of them. You NEED to tear off the upper IM and loctite the butterfly screws - or else the engine will eat them for lunch. 02-03's sucked for really bad gearing (super short 1st, 2nd, WAY too tall 4th and 5th), but 04-06 were not that bad. I've had my 04 since July and haven't had any issues with it. The only thing I've changed up from stock is the gear fluid, which OE Nissan fluid blows. BG Sychroshift II FTW! Wheelhop is kind of a pain, but what else is new, LSD + 2.5L = wheelhop.

Another thing that effects certain SER's is the precat disintigration issue, which really only plagues 02-03's or cars that are beaten within an inch of their life. Don't drive like an asshole, or buy a shorty header and the engine will run forever with regular oil changes.
Sure Hondas are nice, but I love walking my friends modded 99 Si off the line with a basically stock car.

well a buddy of mine found a head for my car for $250. ima pick it up when i go to Virginia for Thanksgiving. i HOPE that its just that but im sure thats all.

Shiz, I bought a 08 Mazda 3 last year. I hope I dont have any problems with it!!!!
It has 4500 miles on it after the 1st year............
3179567_1_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back