My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My plate won't tell ya a damned thing about me.

lem_apply.jpg

My new style of license plate can a mod affix the image to the page? I can't do it on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe one day. Other than the worry that I'll blow the tranny, I just don't have time lately.

Most free time goes to seeing the gf. (She helped with the suspension swap)

Take the gf and teach her how to drive ;)

Want to help me bend a weld up a light bar like that for my car? As a bonus we can do one for yours at the same time.

Fixed the surging. I replaced the front o2 sensor (cake). But interestingly, I noticed this while working on it.

nMqT7pw.jpg

That's the Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid (EBCS). What you're seeing is the vacuum line being pinched between the bracket and the Perrin turbo inlet. The vibration apparently loosened the EBCS from it's mounting bracket and the vacuum lines got pinched when it moved.

Not sure if the vacuum line being pinched was the cause, or the o2 sensor, but I had already bought the sensor so I put it in anyway.

Also changed the oil. 4800mi on the new engine, finally done with the break-in oil and have switched to the Mobil1 0w40.
Car runs like a top now. So smooth.

Here's a good a time as any. Since I never posted before. Before and after F-R header.

JeLvIyV.jpg

I also finally replaced the rear brake lines. I've had stainless lines on for a long time, but when I switched over to the 2 pot calipers, I didn't realize that the stock WRX lines wouldn't fit correctly. I was in a pinch so I made them work, but they slightly rubbed on the knuckle and have been worried about it. So I bought the STi lines and it fixed it right up.

DvuzAvC.jpg

You can see the stock WRX lines had a bend in it, Which it needs for the stock calipers. But when used on the 2pots they stick out close to the shock and rub the knuckle, and they don't sit in the tabs like they should.

ALSO, had my buddy Tom restore my headlights. They were yellowing and getting cloudy. He wet sanded them with 2000grit and then buffed them with the orbital. Then I did the H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Doubled the light output and still "correct" for the halogen projector housings. Looks great :)

Very productive day.

good find man. that could have caused hell if it would have completely cut off vacumme or worse cut it. That's a weird location for it though. I thought they were all on the passenger side fender by the strut tower. hmmm.

does it feel more responsive than before? Does the boost hold up longer? just curious

at least on the 08+ cars, thats where the stock EBCS is. i re-routed the lines so they wont (or shouldn't) get pinched if the EBCS comes loose from the bracket again.

the car feels "normal" again, as in, yes, more responsive than when it was having issues. its a 50/50 toss up on if it was the O2 sensor or that pinched line. since i did both at the same time and didnt test in between.

but for reference, the car never has issues holding boost or making boost. the only thing that seemed to be affected were the AFRs and the subsequent surging.

Back