My new EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

After putting it back together does the battery charge? I have seen honda's in the past that had good alternators but had connection problems with the round plug at the alternator. If the battery and alternator passed but it still does not charge I would check your fuses, The main charge wire from the alternator to the battery, and the round multi plug at the alternator. Do you have a repair manual for your car? if not I can look up the wiring diagrams for you.

well it was fine until i turned on the radio today and it killed it, so i got a new alternator and it has been great ever since

i... HATE... this car right now... i was driving home tonight and it was driving fine i was taking it easy because of the sound ordnance and it popped out of gear and started grinding... effing fantastic! clutch is fried and it sitting on the side of the road till the morning :( at least its a small town and not many people will be near it tonight... and im also lucky one of my buddies was just ahead of me and he turned around and helped me

well im updating this even though nobody's reading it lol... its possibly my tranny blown! bought a clutch though i really hope its just that but i hope i can get this done tomorrow if its the clutch... any good writeups on doin a clutch?

some new goodies :) gonna get them put in soon

2010-05-16205832.jpg

2010-05-16205919.jpg

ex (si) which is what it was before, got that for $200 and the clutch for $130 brand new, i wish we had the stuff to do it so i didnt have to pay a shop to do it... it makes me kinda mad but it shouldnt cost much for our mechanic to do it

thought you said it had a cold air intake..... picture only shows short ram.....
i guess you dont know basics?

the kid i got it from said it had cold air then when i got it i figured out it did have short ram. i will be changing it though to a cold air... but i have other stuff i have to sort out first

So I guess the last guy did a hydro conversion. Cool. :)

i dont know much about all that but the tranny looks the same so hopefully it'll work lol

wow.. really?

car is looking good op.. im not a huge fan of EF's but i like this color for some reason..

thanks, i love this color, i want it resprayed with it but with some more metallic or something

i... HATE... this car right now... i was driving home tonight and it was driving fine i was taking it easy because of the sound ordnance and it popped out of gear and started grinding... effing fantastic! clutch is fried and it sitting on the side of the road till the morning :( at least its a small town and not many people will be near it tonight... and im also lucky one of my buddies was just ahead of me and he turned around and helped me

Don't hate the car, hate the engine! lol. Don't worry man crap like this happens all the time. At least you got a new tranny and clutch to replace it :thumbsup:

When my car took a poo on me today I was coming down a decline on a bridge. Temperature gauge was pretty much at the HOT mark. I had to turn off the engine while I was driving and put it in neutral and coast into a nearby turning lane.

thought you said it had a cold air intake..... picture only shows short ram.....
i guess you dont know basics?

That isnt even a short ram. that is just an air filter attached straight to the intake manifold. I guess u dont know basics?

DSCN1980.jpg

DSCN1981.jpg

That is a short ram.

it has like a 2" piece then the intake manifold lol... i didnt do it so whatever... but anyway... i had the wrong tranny, i had a hydro and it needs a cable so the people workin on it found one and went to get it, hopefully its done tonight

easy now projock.
i will tear you a new asshole if i have too. :)

matt and 94civicturbo, sorry about being rude. i am just touchy about little things like that for no reason. everyone says cold air intake and has no idea what they really have. its like a marketing scam for every car salesman ever.

That isnt even a short ram. that is just an air filter attached straight to the intake manifold. I guess u dont know basics?

DSCN1980.jpg

DSCN1981.jpg

That is a short ram.

Last edited:
its cool man i get what you're saying. my car STILL isnt finished. i SHOULD get it in the morning. im real pissed right now its unbelievable. i need my car back so bad.

Back