My New Toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can never ride without my boots. I would just feel naked without them. Seeing that i'm from Long Island, it doesn't get that hot even in the summers, so I usually wear all of my equipment everytime I ride, but if its a nice day and I feel like cruising then I usually don't wear my jacket and pants, but of course no horsing around. :lol:

I just wished I lived in FL or SoCal, its such a much nicer environment and no doubt better weather for bikers like ourselves.

I feel safer messing around with no gear then I do just cruising around with gear

chances are when you're messing around you are more alert and ready to respond most all bike wrecks turn out like Es riding 45mph when some RAM pulls out in front of you.

Either you are doing the speedlimit or less, and some one turns infront of you, or you are at a stop light and you get rear ended.

It can be 95f outside, I will show up at work fully dressed with a backpack filled with my work stuff so I can change when I get there=)

I can't push it enough ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!

Or just come over here and talk to my mom who works in the O.R
she still can't figure out how this one guy crashed his bike and slide on his front side and riped his nutts off.

shit happens

Jeff

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 22 2003, 11:15 PM
she still can't figure out how this one guy crashed his bike and slide on his front side and riped his nutts off.

Dammmnn, just hearing that makes my balls hurt. As far as going to work, my co-workers used to give me shit cause I also used to show up at work wearing full leather (old equip.) and I was always just like "better safe than sorry."

I don't know why people would give a person shit for using the brain god gave him.

:) nice to see people who ride that keep safety in mind :)
too many people i know do not

yeah, its good to see someone being safe. I can't stand to see kids that just ride around in a tshirt and jeans knowing that I might be one of the guys that has to dodge his bloody corpse.

My one buddy that just got an fz1 wears everything, all JR gear, and he has been riding bikes of some kind since he was like 6. Very good to know

Back