my teg dilema

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

ok heres my problem im about to buy a teg and its gonna be on my dads dime intill i pay him back, i wanna go fast but dont wanna bend the pocket book if its pointless. i told him about the gsr and what the difference is from the base ls hes the type to get the better things ugraded or better models so he tells me if i can find the bettter model for a lil more go for it. is the gsr chassis better then the ls? ie bigger support bars or anything like this and is a true gsr body besides the motor respected any more as apose to an ls with a b18c1 swaped in? also what all is needed to make the b18c1 as good as a b18c5 or better? basicly if i do go gsr i want to rev super high with out screwing anything up but still maintain my wallet but dont leave anything out cause i would rather spend then brake stuff. i intend to spend about 5k on an ls or 7k-8k on a gsr does that seem about right for a low mile GSR? please any input, info, or alternitives to the gsr woud be cool. also a little note..... doing a swap isint going to fly with my dad right now so basicly if i want some speed its gonna have to come with it already under the hood if you know what i mean so this is why i would like to op for the gsr. and one last question a buddy of mine has an ls with port and polish cheap short ram intake biger injectors some after market clutch and a full tanabie exhaust <------spelling? :ph34r: will a gsr smoke him? seems to close for me to judge not having ever been in a gsr.

cmon people some one offer some advice please :unsure:

also can some one tell me is the 140 hp in the ls and the 170hp in the gsr and the 160hp in the b16s at the wheels or fly wheel? im lost here please tell me at the wheels :unsure:

if this is your first car why get into debt? just go grab a cheap 88-91 crx or civic si.

nice cars and they can be quick with a few power upgrades.

there is no difference at all between the 2 except the engine, tranny and the gsr has a front strut bar if that means anything.

not that i distrust you but can any one else confirm one the last guys said? and does any one know where i can see some teg pictures like a stock grs pref. also i thought about something cheaper but like i said the swap thing isint going to fly what ever i buy my dads gonna want to see runing right then and there, i have a 79 trans am that runs but needed some small stuff fixed befor it was street worthy and he wanted nothing to do with that so i can imagine how he would feel about a car with no engine or one with an engine next to it :blink: <----his face plus i want something with atleast 4 seats and a civic is gonna cost just about the same with low miles.

google.com

ebaymotors.com

cars.com

autotrader.com

edmunds.com

check those for pics of gsr's. edmunds will list the specs of each model for you too.

go to a acura dealership and go to their used car lot. Im sure there should be some gsr and ls integras you can look at and drive around to see what you like.

Originally posted by UDT@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 AM
a buddy of mine has an ls with port and polish cheap short ram intake biger injectors some after market clutch and a full tanabie exhaust <------spelling? :ph34r: will a gsr smoke him? seems to close for me to judge not having ever been in a gsr.

Yes you will smoke him you have VTEC he doesnt. VTEC's are higher on insurance than an LS... I assume you are talking about 94+ GSR's correct? A C1 is better for boost conditions where as the C5 is better for All-motor builds...

I would opt for the GSR if daddy said he'd buy me one, just becuase it already has VTEC and will be a 5 speed, good luck finding one...

FYI - Spelling and Grammar errors earn flames...
Tanabe, not Tanabie...
biger - Bigger

Originally posted by UDT@Nov 14 2003, 08:02 AM
also can some one tell me is the 140 hp in the ls and the 170hp in the gsr and the 160hp in the b16s at the wheels or fly wheel? im lost here

that is hp at the flywheel. the gsr will smoke an ls, even if the kid says hes running bigger injectors with just intake and exhaust :beat: a used gsr with low milage should go for about 6800-8000 depending on the condition. try to find one STOCK from an older person so you know that it wasnt raced 50x a month, and that it wasnt revved into vtec off every red light. ls and gsr chassis are exactly the same structure wise like stated above. i suggest you test drive a bunch of gsr's and beat them up a lil bit. get a feel of the power that it makes so you can compare one to another, and not get stuck with a lemon. do a compression/leakdown test on the engine before you buy anything. good luck
oh and by the way: if you want to rev high and make reliable power, there is no such thing as taking the cheap way out.

FYI i made a point that i wasint sure of the spelling on the exhaust but as for bigger thats a plain miss type. believe me i know how bad this site sucks when it comes to people trying to talk shit, i just cant seem to understand why you guys that do flame for such stupid shit have nothing better to do! the one thing that comes to mind when i here crap like that is something my mom used to say
"if you dont have anything nice to say and or legitimate keep your fucking trap shut" sorry to be crude as i know some people never listen to the parents but that was a lil something i did hear her say. i have said it befor and i will say it again comments like that will be the down fall of this site people need to get over them selfs and stop trying to
A. know it all
B. act like a dick and
C. be something your not
D. talk about stuff your not very clear on

im sure you fall in to one of them please dont answer any more of my posts or replys as i would like to see this place rise to the ranks of one of the cool/fun places to be again. amen lol im serious :angry:

oh yeah tanabe is a big ass rice can as far as im concerned so as far as spelling gos for it if i did give two shits what you said it still wouldint matter.

not to be a bum about it but i did say cheap but not so cheap as to brake things. believe me i know i have built v8s so i know whats not good and scimping where you should have been spending is not the correct way of doing things i just stated "with out clearing out my wallet" so that might mean i dont need the best brand if theres another brand thats just as good but with out the popular name.

thanks for the input guys keep it coming im still very undecided

where's the :noobonarampage: emoticon? :p

seriously tho, how old are you? if this is your first car why do you want sometihing nice? i have too many stupid friends who have wrecked their first cars, i just don't want to see that happen to you.

my first car was a mid '80's bimmer and it got hit 3 times while i was in high school. and every time was a hit-and-run while my fucking car was parked in the parking lot. it's just stupid to drive a nice car while your in highschool. you can always upgrade later.

Originally posted by UDT@Nov 14 2003, 01:25 PM
not to be a bum about it but i did say cheap but not so cheap as to brake things. believe me i know i have built v8s so i know whats not good and scimping where you should have been spending is not the correct way of doing things i just stated "with out clearing out my wallet" so that might mean i dont need the best brand if theres another brand thats just as good but with out the popular name.

i just said that building a honda to make power at 10k rpms reliably(sp?) is not cheap. with imports, and domestics, you get what you pay for.......

naw im not in high school and for the most part it is my first car that will be on the streets daily though i do own a very slick and very fast 79 trans am T tops and all :worthy: but it sucks gas like you guys wouldint believe so my dad said he would give me 2k and lend the rest to me so its not like hes just kissing my ass and im some rich kid cause im not hes only giving me the 2k the rest i have to pay back just so no one gets the wrong idea, the trans am i paid for me self and everything i have put into i paid for.

I wasnt being a dick or an ass or whatever you said. I was simply trying to give you tips on avoiding flamings... so lighten up. And I wasnt "calling" or referring to you as a rich kid

>---- Feels singled out! But wut-eva'

dude, your dad is giving you 2k.

my parents wont even help me pay for my community college tuition, and i was the first kid in my family to graduate from high school!

<--------feels ripped off. <_<

yeah but this is after a long time of fighting with my fammly i have not been around him much since my mom left him (when i was 10) there was a problem with me him and my whole fammly and there was some depression involved to so this is kind of a kick start on my life and my mom said something to him to im not sure what but it worked and like i said in the first post hes always been the type to get the better of anything if its a car or home audio he likes the best even if it means spending a little more. once again hes not rich at all and works hard for every dime he makes unlike me im lazy as they come though i will work on my car all day long i just hate to work if its something that seems like a waste of my life im sure you have all had jobs liek that were you feel like your life is just melting away and then at that you get paid shity ass wages.

199integ you were correcting me theres no need to point something out when

A. its an honest mistake
B. i pointed it out my self already

i let every one know i was unsure about the spelling of tanabe read back up there and you will see. i dont mean to start crap but i like this place and all the shit that gos on here is killing the boards we need to get rid of these people that are making others feel the need to flame some deserve it like that dumb ass that screwed his car for driving drunk but but others are making honest mistakes and should just be left alone people only make their self look stupid and same gos for the people who misspell stuff its just uncalled for and you make people feel unwelcom and that aint good and it makes people focus on spelling as apose to the point there trying to convay. would you be more happy knowing some one spelled a word right or understand exactly what was on their mind and i know they both go hand in hand but this isint the place to be geting lessons for spelling.

are you fuckin sick ek9r :blink: light it on fire i love that bitch all cars imports domestic the focus is booty though but im talking more about the older ones but i have respect for all cars and not to start a v8 clash but that thing will smoke most of whats on here stock so the last thing i will be doing is burning it, you ever seen smokey and the bandit :D its a cool ass car just a gas hog i just really want to get into imports its where all my friends are and there just plain interesting B)

by the way if anyone gives a shit yo ucan see my moms car on the bomex web site under 91 accord body kits its on the very bottom a blue 2 door with white rims
http://www.bomexaero.com/bomexusa.html <------ their english web site
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/accord/P8110001.jpg the pictures
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/accord/P8120018.jpg
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/accord/P8120019.jpg let me know what yall think, and theres gonna be an h22a1 in it soon my mom and her bf are saving to slap one in im thinking were gonna have hook ups motor sport to it

buy a DA teggie y0!!!

smaller ligher, get an LS and go with an LS/T setup

you can pick up a DA teg for like 2gs in good condition, 3k turbokit

thats only 5gs

Back