1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n2o or turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by redef91, Aug 14, 2006.

1. redef91

redef91 Senior Member

i know this ? has been asked before but i real need some help:confused: . i was given a garrett t3 turbo for free .42 .48. and i curretly have a ls in my car. now should do turbo or nitrous which one will i get more power. looking around 180hp to the floor. i heard that turbo is too small for an ls. i will be running turbo edit if i go turbo. i mean the turbo looks so small :huh: i will have buy everything else for it intercooler,piping,manfiold,etc.... n20 sounds easier i mean i only have like 1000 to spend and suggestions
  2. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

boost it, the turbo will support 200hp, but die out a bit on the top end. However because it is t3 flanged it will make it very easy to upgrade to a larger t3 or t3/t4 hybrid with only tuning changes (if you start out with at least dsm 450cc injectors)

Id say build a kit around the smaller turbo, then upgrade when you need more
  3. weirtech

weirtech New Member

good advice there. i've done both and n2o is a pain to refill all the time.
  4. redef91

redef91 Senior Member

thanx guys i go that route i mean just picked up a drag manifold for 50 bucks off my boy:D