Neebie ? i know=( Best car to start with...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh also... If im even pushing over 550hp i should be able to hit 9's with CF hood(only bc it will need to have vents for how hot it'll get),roof,trunk and me only 135(i box have to stay skinny being 6'3)... so what the car would weigh some 2100 IF. Seriously only 10? omg the way i did it i was WAY over 10 just in the engine alone!!!

Oh also... If im even pushing over 550hp i should be able to hit 9's with CF hood(only bc it will need to have vents for how hot it'll get),roof,trunk and me only 135(i box have to stay skinny being 6'3)... so what the car would weigh some 2100 IF. Seriously only 10? omg the way i did it i was WAY over 10 just in the engine alone!!!
if you want a lite car get a 88 hf crx.. and damn your one skinny mofo

del slows are heavy... and slow, imo go with a crx hf. one of lightest hondas you will find when completely striped. or with full int. if thats your thing.

someone on here is selling an eg hatch with a gsr swap for $3500. check the sale section.

ya but im 24 and 6'3... im buying the car in june im guessing... i want to plan out now so i know ahead of tyme and have a plan to make sure im not goingto buy things i really dont need and would be a waste of money getting or i would:-(

You need to slow down with all this stuff and do some thinking...

1.) Yes, Del Sols are cool, but they're also slow and heavy compared to other Civics. The convertible top makes them heftier than the average Civic hatchback or coupe. If I wanted to build a fast Civic, I probably wouldn't pick a Del Sol...

2.) Do you have any clue how much money it's going to cost to build a 600 horsepower Civic? You could easily end up spending 15-20 grand on this. You have to remember that it's not just the engine build (which is gonna be very expensive), you'll also have to think about the transmission, differential, axles, suspension, tires, traction bars, etc. Without all that stuff taken into account, your 600 horses are going to be useless...

3.) Did you seriously say you're gonna do Supra tails and an Evo 3 front end? Dude, pick up an issue of Honda Tuning...nobody does that crap anymore...you'll most likely get laughed at if you turn your whip into some "Fast N' Furious" mobile...

4.) Just because you've messed with DSMs doesn't mean you know how to build a Honda. You need to do a lot of reading and research before you even touch a Honda engine or else you're gonna screw it up, big time.

And...my final point to you...

Maybe you should consider chilling with the car stuff right now and just focus on your other interests. I'm assuming there's a reason the cops took your Eclipse and all your money...and it probably has to do with you being a jackass of some sorts? Do you really need a 600 hp car to get in trouble with right now??

Just my 2 cents...take it or leave it...

Ok Dr. Phil... 1st if i wanted to be told what to do i'd ask my ex but since i didn't and not don't even try 2. You don't know me... Wont ever know me so don't even for 1 moment think to try and suggest what i should or shouldn't be doing.3. Im not stupid i know what it takes to build a car not once did i ever say It's going to be built over night i know for that its going to take about 2 years. 4. did i once say i know how to build honda's? no you f*cking retard thats why I've been asking!!! 5. i got it taken away bc i was running the major money races in la and had races from la to vegas!!!

See, this is what I hate about forums like this. Most of the people that are looking for "advice" are really just looking to have their asses kissed. As long as people are agreeing with you and saying that your plans are good, you're cool...but then, if somebody dares to criticize or suggest that your plans are impractical, unrealistic, or just plain stupid...you get all butt-hurt...

You're not here to actually learn anything...you're just hear to have everybody tell you, "Fuck yeah man! put some fuckin' Supra tails on that bitch! Drop a turbo B18 in that piece! Hell yeah!"

Your statement "don't tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing" proves this. I thought you were here asking for advice about Hondas? I gave you advice...you're choosing not to listen because it's not what you wanted to hear...

I really don't give a fuck what you do with your money. You can buy a Del Sol, convert it to Supra tails and Evolution front end, put a giant ass ricer wing on it, paint it orange, cover it with vinyls, and fucking change your name to Paul Walker if that's what will make you happy. I was just trying to paint a realistic picture for you...so like I said...take it or leave it, asshole...

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing...if you want to learn about how to build a Honda, then head on over to the reference section and start reading. We're not going to just spoon-feed you information, you need to make an effort to learn shit on your own.

We have the resources here for you...now you put in some effort...

no i was asking advise on which is the best type of car to use... Then you thought you could run your mouth about other shit... easy question im just sorry you just don't understand.

no i was asking advise on which is the best type of car to use... Then you thought you could run your mouth about other shit... easy question im just sorry you just don't understand.

Seriously? Did you not read point my first point?

1.) Yes, Del Sols are cool, but they're also slow and heavy compared to other Civics. The convertible top makes them heftier than the average Civic hatchback or coupe. If I wanted to build a fast Civic, I probably wouldn't pick a Del Sol...

The very first thing I did was answer your question, numbnutz...

You're just proving my point here. You're not asking for advice, you're just looking for validation. Myself and many others in this thread told you NOT to use a Del Sol, but you're already dead set on using one, so why even ask for advice at all?

You already know what you want, so just go ahead and go build it, and then come back and tell us how it goes...

yes im dead set on it... You know me so well. and first things first no one in the right full ass can tell me what to do its called advise and assist!!! and then since its my money not ur's or anyone else's i get the final call

yes im dead set on it... You know me so well. and first things first no one in the right full ass can tell me what to do its called advise and assist!!! and then since its my money not ur's or anyone else's i get the final call

Did I not say that it's your money, do what you want with it? Obviously you're not even reading half the shit that's posted here...short attention span maybe?

Like I said, I don't care what you do, I'm just trying to get you to think a little bit.

You know, instead of being an e-thug and saying "fuck you man, I do what I want!", you could try something like "huh, ok, I see your point about the Del Sol being heavier, I'll take that into consideration" or "yeah I see your point, I just really like the Del Sol though."

And I would say "that's cool man, do it up how you want, it's your car after all."

I just hate how people get all defensive when someone questions them. If you can't handle some negative criticism along with the good, then don't post shit on the world wide web where anyone on this planet can see it and comment on it...

i have the same motor going into a 98 2 door coupe. hatch is lighter, but if you dont like the hatch, go for a 96-00 2dr coupe. stay a little bit newer please. or try a same year 2dr but integra.

i have the same motor going into a 98 2 door coupe. hatch is lighter, but if you dont like the hatch, go for a 96-00 2dr coupe. stay a little bit newer please. or try a same year 2dr but integra.

Why do you say stay newer? I'd rather just start out with an OBD1 car, and swap an OBD1 motor. Easier to tune, and you won't have to mess with any wiring conversions.

I mean there's nothing wrong with a newer vehicle, but if you're wanting to build a B-series, I'd rather just start out with everything being OBD1.

Back