Need A New System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Get a 2-channel if its just the subs. You can get a mono amp but at least a 2-channel will have more uses. Hell....do what you want bro just investigate and educate yourself. Make a nice box and you'll be happy.....until you want more.....and then it cost more....and then....and then....damn it.....it used to be like crack for me. I would build boxes for myself or friends and want it better and better and then the cops come by to tell you to stop (gotta tune it somewhere)...but only after you let them listen lol serious...happened to me once.

I built a box for 2-12" JL with a effing 6" port in a friends brand new mercury cougar. We gave them 500 PPI watts at 4 ohm and went out bumping on a Friday night. We were at a stop sign and his friggin' rear view mirror came un-glued from the windshield...landed on the center console and I looked over at my friend with concern. He smiled and growled "Yeah!" Gave him a high-five and he was happy. Sadly....he passed away this year at 34. Good friend since I was 15. He had over 20 fat ass rides but the one he had when he passed....a Chrysler 300 SRT with coil overs...22's and just put in a bored out beast of a motor. This is a video when he had the SRT-8 still with forged bottom...PnP and a 150 shot of giggle juice. Helping you with stereos reminded me of him so I thought I would mess your thread up with his video!

RIP Big Ron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPvlciTufaw

Last edited:
I'm sort of motivated to build a 10" box and just slap my Bazooka DVC sub in it and see what happens, I could always change it out for a better 10" sub.

Nice story, sorry to hear your friend passed away though. :(

Last edited:
memhis.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/onefasth22accord/Oct02207.jpg
Here a early all Memphis Powered three 12 setup in my Accord Amp is U.s Amps VLX-25

woofers

Everything except for my sub works great. Looking to spend $500 tops between sub and amp.

I want a 10" DVC sub that has some good sound and kick.

I'm looking into the 10" Alpine Type R subs, they make them in 2 ohm and 4 ohm. The 4 ohm is like $10 more, but whats better?

Then the amp. It says 600W RMS and 1800W peak. I can get a cheap Pioneer mono amp which is 400W RMS and 800W peak, is that ok?

Then Matt and I would build a box due to great sucess from the last one we made. :)

Anyway...opinions please.
so my man but JL sucks dual voice coil anything is better than JL.

so my man but JL sucks dual voice coil anything is better than JL.

care to elaborate? to make a bolt statement like that would require alot of years of testing audio equipment....even then I still call BS.

so your remark I say. "JL is the one of the best in sound quality" I would put my (1)JL 13.5 W7 over any of your setups and see who has junk.

can you tell I'm a JL snob :p

no offense to h22160dbaccord since it is his sytems but, Fondahonda if you think that system is the shit then you clearly are more about looks than anything.

I see 3 entry level subs mounted in reverse for no other reason than looks.

I could always use some more amps for my other car.
if you get tired of them and want to find a good home just give me a shout :)

300/4 or 500/5 would be ideal. ;)

I might have an extra e4300 and e2150. I don't know what I'm going to use in Katie's 5 yet- might drop in an older Profile amp that was in my Hardbody. The one I bought for the S2000 is the PPI P900.4. Pretty sweet, and way cheaper than an equivalent JL. Go look it up.

darn!
i was hoping for a slash series. I'll want one in the future for mrs. taco's Honda.
i heard the E series were ok but the Slash series have never let me down and My amps are prolly going on 4 years now. the OG 450/4 is prolly almost 7 years!

no offense to h22160dbaccord since it is his sytems but, Fondahonda if you think that system is the shit then you clearly are more about looks than anything.

I see 3 entry level subs mounted in reverse for no other reason than looks.

This setup was done out of boredom more than any other reason.

I still have a PPI in the hatch. 12-13 years old :ph34r:

I need to ask my buddy who owns a shop but I recall him not selling PPI's because of Changes that effected integrity of the amp.... Company sold and made somewhere else but my memory is fuzzy. He use to sell Hi-Phonics too but they went to crap with changes. Sold at swap meets now lol.

I am interested in the e2150 for my 8W3 I got for Xmas (my 4Runner) how much?

Last edited:
Nah, no slash for me. For the power I wanted, slash was way too expensive!

I hear ya man. My memphis sync's are taking the power like champs!
I found ALOT of slash series amps here for cheap......well cheap compared to new. :lol:

500/1 are usually $250-$300
1000/1 are about $500-$700

i got my 450/4 for $200 :p

I still have a PPI in the hatch. 12-13 years old :ph34r:

I need to ask my buddy who owns a shop but I recall him not selling PPI's because of Changes that effected integrity of the amp.... Company sold and made somewhere else but my memory is fuzzy. He use to sell Hi-Phonics too but they went to crap with changes. Sold at swap meets now lol.

I am interested in the e2150 for my 8W3 I got for Xmas (my 4Runner) how much?

Lemme see if I'm going to keep it or not- but I'll let you know. As for PPI, it looks like they're finally back in the game. I'll let you know when I get mine. This is the one that's on the way to the house right now:

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Test Report: Precision Power P900.4 Amplifier

I hear ya man. My memphis sync's are taking the power like champs!
I found ALOT of slash series amps here for cheap......well cheap compared to new. :lol:

500/1 are usually $250-$300
1000/1 are about $500-$700

i got my 450/4 for $200 :p

Damn, that's not bad! I wanted one tiny efficient amp to take care of everything in the S2000 though, and generally don't like to take up usable space with amps either. There's no way I could have gotten 800w RMS into the truck with only the space under the front seats for amps using JL slash series stuff.

Back