1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need drag radials or sticky tires

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by sean082, Jul 28, 2009.

1. sean082

sean082 New Member

I have a gsr turbo pushing 400whp+. I need some suggestions on tires that get good traction for high hp set ups but also is steetable. Any sugestions? I have 15" motegi tracklites. Right now I'm runnning Kuhmo MX's which get good traction but I just roast em off.

I've heard good things about bfg force drag radials....
    I'm some what budget minded... $120-$150ea MAX

2. sean082

sean082 New Member

It's not my daily driver. Actually I hardly drive it. Just when I'm in the mood for speed or at the track. When I get tires I'd like to be able to use em on the track also..

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

+1 for BFGs, they work very well. Are you just looking for something for drag?

4. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

some bfgs are probly your best bet, they are better than regular street tires. you will still easily spin them with 400hp of course.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

why not get a set of dedicated track rims and mount a set of proper slicks for track use and run decent street tires when your not at the track?

as for wheel spin on the street, stop streetracing / driving like a jackass, and youll stop spinning your tires off

6. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

anything with 300+whp will eat tires. Gforce are a good street/strip tire, you can also lower the air pressure to get more of a contact patch on em like a slick.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted