Need help about what needs to be done.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the_erickee

Hey, im new and ive been searching all over the site and havent found anything about 99 ex's w/ h22a swaps. Im thinking about getting a h22a motor off of ebay and i want to know what all i will need to buy for a good swap. the swap it self comes w/ everything including axels, shiftlinkage, wiring harness, tranny, etc. I know i will need to get some motor mounts. Where can i buy those? How easily will everything plug up? Please help. Im trying to decide what will be more reliable, an fmax turbo on my d16y8 or a new engine. Thx

Look up Hmotorsonline.com, they should have everything for the swap. and go with hasport for the mounts.

Originally posted by the_erickee@Feb 3 2004, 11:18 AM
Hey, im new and ive been searching all over the site and havent found anything about 99 ex's w/ h22a swaps. Im thinking about getting a h22a motor off of ebay and i want to know what all i will need to buy for a good swap. the swap it self comes w/ everything including axels, shiftlinkage, wiring harness, tranny, etc. I know i will need to get some motor mounts. Where can i buy those? How easily will everything plug up? Please help. Im trying to decide what will be more reliable, an fmax turbo on my d16y8 or a new engine. Thx

www.h22a.org

I'm looking at the same swap for my 99 hatch.

First off don't buy your motor off of ebay, to many people being taken by bad sellers and bad motors. Go to www.hmotorsonline.com like stated above.

you can get the obd1 complete swap for 2199
HAsport mounts from them for 490
Axles for 200
and an lsd tranny (optional) for 300

You will need a thiner fan, they vary in cost from 78 to 180 for the flexalite fan.
You will also need a harness. I'm getting mine from www.jdmshit.com only 80. with s/h you will be looking at 3600. You can save some money by going with some hcp motor mounts which you can find on jdmshit, buying the cheaper fan, and by not getting the lsd. I'm sending you a pm of some good sites to help with the swap. Good luck and don't let people sucker you into getting a b series ;)

and puting an obdo motor in a 98 civic is? The owner of jdmshit helps run honda-tech and is well liked for having good prices and shipping on time. Good customer service too. Maybe he should by from pickle 33 or who every you bought your harness from on ebay?

?

1. you misspelled 'buy'
2. good customer service? what have you bought from them?
3. 32pickle got the harness here overnight, for $75 shipped. whats wrong with that?

and puting an obdo motor in a 98 civic is?

and the relevance is......? hello and welcome to 'my car will smoke your car.' i dont care what you're GOING to get. as of now you have a stock-ass dx. whoopedy doo.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2004, 12:21 AM
i dont care what you're GOING to get. as of now you have a stock-ass dx. whoopedy doo.

Well some people have to WORK to get our shit. And most people have enough common sense not to spend over 5 grand trying to get an obd0 engine in a 98 chassis. So whoopedy doo to you Will you could have b18c5 but you have a stock b16.

what jbwelded engine mount? and i did work to get my shit....

american express just helped out a li'l :)

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 9 2004, 09:05 AM
jdmshit

gee...that sounds professional.

i've done business with them a couple times. they are legit.

and, well, they sell JDM shit. the name is more fitting than XYZ motorsports :)

I think the guy post under newman in the H-T forum. full of good info and tries to help folks out. From what I have heard his harnesses are good and cheap.

Back