need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone know if the 04-05 civics have a remote wire on the stock radios?

something that gets power when the radio comes on, like a power antenna or amp turn on...

anyone know?
its got a 6 disc changer

afgtermarket, sure. but not all oem. unless they have power antenna, which the 04-05 civics don't have

in theory the s-video cable would have the remote turn on for the cd changer in it right?

my friend (as we speak) is trying to put a sub and amp in his boss's daughter's brand new civic with the stock radio...

Run a fused power source w/a switch and get one of these:

cd_1.JPG

uhm, no and no

thanks for the "advise" but a switch??? are you for real?

this is for a ditzy girl, she doesn;t want a switch, she just wants it to make noise when the radio is on, which is why he was looking for a remote wire... any thing that would give power when the radio was on to turn the amp on

and i'm pretty sure he has the amp input all figured out and doesn't need one of those ghetto fab input to RCA adapters

Quoted post[/post]]

uhm, no and no

thanks for the "advise" but a switch??? are you for real?

this is for a ditzy girl, she doesn;t want a switch, she just wants it to make noise when the radio is on, which is why he was looking for a remote wire... any thing that would give power when the radio was on to turn the amp on

and i'm pretty sure he has the amp input all figured out and doesn't need one of those ghetto fab input to RCA adapters
Those adapters are the same thing as inside a radio, only it's outside.
When hooking up to stock, use the High-Inputs on the amp, no rca needed.
And just pick a wire for remote wire, im sure the civic has 20,000 that come on with the ignition.

i don't think most brand name amps come with high inputs anymore but i am prob wrong...
haven;t been in the audio game since my car with system got stolen...

And just pick a wire for remote wire, im sure the civic has 20,000 that come on with the ignition.
this could work but then the amp is always on when the car is on, whether the radio is on or not...

Quoted post[/post]]

i don't think most brand name amps come with high inputs anymore but i am prob wrong...
haven;t been in the audio game since my car with system got stolen...

this could work but then the amp is always on when the car is on, whether the radio is on or not...
I don't get the problem with having the amp on if the car is on?
How often is she going to drive around without the radio on?
And i don't think she'd even know the Amp is on?
Mine is on with my radio remote wire, but it's still on 100% of the time i am in my car... i never turn my radio off yeknow.
I haven't seen an amp lately WITHOUT high inputs... but i guess it depends on the amp.
:confused:

i guess there really is no harm with hooking the amp up to a constant power when the ignition is on, but its still not the right way to do it :)

yea, a switch that you can turn on/off when you want to....I know, what a terrible idea

WTF nothing...it looked like you were asking about running an amp on a stock radio, thats a way to do it

I used to run a switch so I can turn that shit off, when I put my old DEH-P2000 back in I went back to the "right way", to me it really depends on the HU. I hated having to change my settings when I didn't feel like hearing bass (thus the switch), but still wanted it kinda loud.

The P2000 has one easily accessible button to set it to my custom setting and a few other pre-tuned settings. My other pioneer unit had it to, but I actually had to look at it to see what I was doing. I just like how much more convienient this HU is and why I don't really need the external switch.

i needed quick replies so i posted it here

mod feel free to move or delete

just do a fuse tap at the fuse box. u can find an ignition source there. you dont want to leave the amp on all the time it will kill the battery overnite.

#1. Accessory wire is red, not yellow. Yellow is constant.

#2. Tap into an accessory so that you have ignition ON power for the remote.

#3. Power Antennas (Where Equipped) ARE NOT the way to go.. Most Power Antennas only power on when you are listening to the radio... switch to a CD, and the antenna goes back down.

Back