Need Help - engine cut of gas at 3000 rpm.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fanete

Hy ,I am stefan and i am from europe. I'm new at this site but I'm reading it for a long time for help whit my swap and it was very helpfull. but now I have a problem. i had swaped the d16z6 in my civic and i have a litle (or big) problem. when i hit the gas my engine just simpli stops runing. if I hit the gas gently its runing until 3000 rpm and then dies. what seems to be the problem?
please help because i miss drivin my honda

it could be a bad distrubtor,,it may be in limp home mode,,do you have any check engine lights

I dont have the original distributor. its from another D engine. you think the distributor is the problem?

it could be making it go into limp home mode

I had talk't whit somebody and he believe is the timing belt hoo is not properly instaled. what you fink about that guys?

sounds like limp mode.

Distributer's unable to advance or coil's not up to it.

IMO- Check the timing, do a tuneup.

what "limp mone" means? I dont know this term. could sombody explain that to me

and if the probleme is with the distributor how can I resolved?

I have found what limp mode means and the car is not in limp mode because it can be accelerate well until 3000 rpm. and the car can hit 5000 even 6000 rpm only if I accelerate it very smooth and gently. I think somewhere between the accelerator sensor and the injector , who do not send a mesaje the give gas to the motor. when I hit the gas to the ground the engine souns like is choking and it spops if I dont take the foot from the accelerator pedal

Thank You

OK.... theres no one else whith another idea because my car still not running
I had tried everithing and no positive result... :(
:(

Last edited:
replace the distributor with the correct one, replace the coil. did you check to see if the timing is correct? also could be a bad fuel pump. a way to check for spark is have a friend rev the engine to 3000 and pull the wires one by one. if there is any bog that means you have a spark. if any of the cylinders reacts differently then you could have a bad cap, plug wire, or spark plug. check any of those areas. one of them should solve your problem.

first of all , thank you for your help. I have done all that and there is no result.
I dont know what are you refering to when you say "replace the coil" if you are refering ti the distributor "lid" - "cap" I had change that and still no result. the timing is good. I had tried 2 fuel pumps and the spark is good...

to be more precise whith my problem, tomorow I'll upload an movie to show how my car is reacting.

till now, two mecanics tried to fix my car... stil... no succes.

the coil is the ignition coil. if that is bad the car will bog and wo't run well at low and mid rpm's. i believe it is an internal coil located under the dizzy cap. i know on an external coil you can shake them to see if they are bad. if you shake it and it sounds like soup then it is bad. if there is little to no noise then it is good. sorry for the bad spelling...Borat rules...

yes... I did some google and I have found what coil are you refering to. :)
the coil is not the problem, because I have tried two distributors. same thing happen and it wass the original distributor taken from a working car of an friend.

95% of the time the problem youre referring to is a fuel problem. Replacing the fuel filter is the best first step. After that, run some injector cleaner through the system. After that there are 2 more possibilities. Fuel Pump is dieing (could happen) or the Main Relay is buggin out on you (VERY LIKELY).

I would assume your car feels great before it has warmed up and once it hits operating temperature, it starts bogging out as you accelerate. If so, the main relay is probably gonna be your culprit.

If its not a fuel problem then it is a spark problem, and really the igniter is usually the problem.

yes, this days I have foud out that the problem is whith the fuel. I have change'd the fuel filter and the fuel pump (used one) the problem still persist. I will change the injectors to see if something happening, but I'm not sure this will solve the problem. I had not mesure the presure of the fuel because I don't have the equipment but I will do that to be sure the pump make good presure....
Thank you all very much for help and I'll keep you updated.

Back