Need help!! Noob here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16goingbig

ok. I feel like a joke tryn to stand in the ring with yal. But here it goes. I have a 2000 si. it has a b16a2 in it. I have never done a swap. But I am looking into doing it this year. I have 7k to work with. Im looking @the k series. I wanna go big!! just motor power. no boost...yet. what would be the best route????

for 7k you can't, just for the swap alone, if you get it online it's about 6k without shipping. thats without mounts linkage or anything. either save up more money to do it or just put the money into the current car/engine. cams, head work, turbo kit, exhaust, fuel system, tune tune tune

its gonna cost you about 10k total to do a k swap
thats the figure most people end up spending by the time they are done

you could spend the money on a B20 block and lots of all motor goodies

i think a boosted B16 will get you about 300 hp for around 4k with all the components, managment and tuning.

yeah, screw the k swap.

for 7k, you can have a mean built b series. a lot more fun to drive.
but, if you are going to be making a powerful motor, remember you also need good tires for getting that power down and better brakes for stopping when you inevitably screw up and need to stop quickly and safely. and better suspension too.
a strong motor will be fun to go, but without everything else, its going to be a horrible drive with shitty handling.

get a turbo kit and lsd for your b16.

if you are new to hondas, this would be your best bet. too many people give crazy advice with how to spend a big budget. a $3000 kit and tune and a $900 lsd will give you a whole new car.

don't waste money on doing a full build blah blah blah....trust me, do the turbo kit and lsd and you will find that it is more than enough from a honda.

I agree with 95b16. Just work with the B16 you already have. It may be the smallest B series, but done right it can produce. LSD, Suspension, tires first for safety and handling, then work on getting some engine management, THEN boost it. JR superchargers are around 3k, or piece together your own turbo kit for that.

No tech questions in the lounge please!

:moved:

Thanks for the info everybody. ok. so for my suspension anybody have any advice on what to go with. I have tein springs and coilovers. nothing fancy. ALSO does anybody know the best thing for me to do about my rear tires balling. (inside) I tried to get them aligned but the people dont deal with lowered cars really. (Im the dummy for taking it to them, I know.)

i do have a camber kit for the front and back. the alignment ppl say they cant pull it in anyfuther. I live out in virginia beach. If there is anybody locale...Do you know where i could go possibly????

Are there any performance shops nearby? They should be able to do it. With a regular shop it's a toss-up. The Belle Tire where I live WILL do alignments on lowered cars, but other chains like Midas won't. Just call around to some places, and like I said, definitely check out performance shops...

There are a few options for you. You could do a b20/vtec or ls/vtec swap using your b16 heads which would not cost much, then you could do the f-h/vtec swap, a k-series which like everyone else said it is expensive, I have seen a j series engine and trans in civic before but wow it is a lot of freaking work, or so what everyone else said and just boost your b16, but if you want to go n/a then I would do the b20/vetc build. I am actually doing this build as we speak in my 97 civic and I hope to see great results!

Back