Need Help With B18a1 OBD0 Engine Into 96 Honda Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You're right...but if I read the topic correctly it asked how to do it, not if it was the best thing to do. I think he'll be alright if he just makes due with what he has...like I said, if you're afraid of doing work, you shouldn't be doing a motor swap...

retarded thread.

But I agree, getting a y8 would be the cheapest, as he already has a d-series transmission in his car that is fine, assuming he didn't blow that up when he blew the motor up. Sell the b18, it's not hard, all you have to do is post it up on retard-tech, I bet he could even find someone to trade him straight up for a y8 pretty quickly. Nobody wants d-series engines these days.

bbissell05 said:
You're right...but if I read the topic correctly it asked how to do it, not if it was the best thing to do. I think he'll be alright if he just makes due with what he has...like I said, if you're afraid of doing work, you shouldn't be doing a motor swap...

He also says: "Whats the easiest route?" ...We gave it to him. And who are you talking about being afraid of doing a motor swap? Him? Cuzz he's on here trying to do a swap... Me? Cuzz I've done 4 swaps already.... My two Civic's, my friend Edwin's Civic and my friend Tim's Accord to H22 swap. Like I said, think about what you're gonna write before you start typing...

bbissell05 said:
like I said, if you're afraid of doing work, you shouldn't be doing a motor swap...

If you do dumb things it will cost you $$ and cause some headaches... YOU shouldn't be doing motor swaps...

skillz2k5 said:
If you do dumb things it will cost you $$ and cause some headaches... YOU shouldn't be doing motor swaps...

alright guys. he made it clear he was talking about the thread starter. lets not start another fight over something stupid. drop it. have you noticed he hasnt posted anything in a while?:huh: chill out and wait to see what HE chose to do. everyone has a different way of doing things. we are here to give him those options. It doesnt mean its the easiest or the right one. just chill before Mike closes this thread:rolleyes:

Point made. Sorry if I came across as an asshole. I know that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. I just wanted the guy that originally posted to know that it's not really all that hard to do with what he has. I've done it a few times and once you know what you need, it's really not any harder than a GSR swap...YOu just need to have evrything you need before you start. Just my $.02...again, sorry if I came across as an asshole.

Bryan

skillz2k5
where can I get d16y8 for 300 bucks ... I'd use that until I can do better!

"people like VTEC for the sweet sound, except when its on the SOHC" -unknown

Junk yards, friends that swapped to a B-series, E-bay, etc... They're not that hard to find. And I'm sure there are alot of people out there that would want to buy your LS for $300 bucks or more...

Back