need help with b18a1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrixSi91

I have a stock 91 crx si. it came with a b18a1 that came out of a 91 teg. i bought a trans and motor mounts. what else am i missing to do the swap? i can use all the info i can get. i am fairly new to swaps.
thanks rick

It all counts on what came with the motor.

You will use:

CRX Si wiring harness
Custom Motor Mounts
Custom Shift Linkage
90-93 Integra axles
obd0 pr4 ecu (you can use the CRX's pm6 but why)

When installing the B18a motor you need to beat in part of the engine bay where the altenator rests. The inside of the Si hubs have dust caps, remember to remove those, other wise the axles will not fit correctly. I usually just use cut to fit radiator hoses. Everything that came off of the B18a motor is fine stock. Your exhaust may or may not fit up to the header, some have this problem, some dont.

Someone else please chime in if I forgot anything.

I have the motor mounts and ecu

So the integra axles will fit into the si hubs just by removing the dust capfrom the hub?

Someone told me i need a half shaft or something like that, is that true?

Will the wiring harness off the 91 intergra ls motor work?

the wirine harness will work
and yes u do need a half shaft
it is a stabilizer shaft thes goes into the tranny bolts to the block and the drivers side axle pops into

the monunts u have will work the shock tower needs to be hammered in about a quarter inch deep and about 2 inches wide and 2 inches hi

u also need integra linkage and have to shorten it by 1and 3/8ths of a inch
and the rear cross member where the rear mount is u will need to take a hammer and pound the lip down about 3 and a half inches to get the rear t bracket to bolt in with out rubbing

so good luck and pm me if u need any info i jsut put a b18 in a ef hatch

thanks for all the help guys. i really needed it. one other thing does anyone have a diagram for the vacum hoses on the b18a1? so i know what hoses go were

CrixSi91 said:
thanks for all the help guys. i really needed it. one other thing does anyone have a diagram for the vacum hoses on the b18a1? so i know what hoses go were
here you go

Attachments

• B18Avac.jpg
    B18Avac.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 635
B18A1 into 84 Civic HB

What axles do I need to use for a B18A1 into a 84 Civic?

how bout you make your own thread. 1 thread per question....thread jacking is impolite, especially when you do it twice.

GOOD GOD
Start your own thread dude.

Rikoshea said:
how bout you make your own thread. 1 thread per question....thread jacking is impolite, especially when you do it twice.

How did you miss that? plus this thread is almost 8 months old.

hey i have the motor all in now and i am having a problem with the upper radiator hose. i tried to use a cut to fit but all it did was kink. any suggestions.

Your last post in this thread was in July/2006 and your still workin on hoses?
damn man! :p

Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just suprised.. thats all... I'm sure theres a good reason why you haven't been able to mess with it.

What upper rad hose are you trying to use?

I am doing a very simular swap b18b into an 88 CRX DX and i am getting all my parts together to do the swap and i hear everybody saying to use the Si Harness, but i have a DX harness and a b18b LS harness. Does this mean i have to buy and SI or hasport harness or can i do something with what i got? Also do i use the LS ECU?

yeah i know its been a while since my last post. but i had a run of bad luck and was out of work for 5 months. but now i am back to work and i am now trying to get at lest the swap done before the beginning of summer. i have to figure out this hose problem, install the half shaft and driver side axle and relocate my battery. hey what size wire did you use to relocate your battery?

i was looking at your wire tuck thread about a month ago and just had to try it. so i did the passenger side last week. its not as easy as your pics make it look, there is a lot of time involved.

i tried using the stock upper radiator hose of the teg ls but all it did was kink. i also tried using a bend and cut to fit hose but it kinked also. i didn't know if there was a web site i could go on an get it or what.

You need to search first.
Some people just don't understand HOW often this swap gets questioned about.

Do a DPFI->MPFI conversion and use the LS PR4 ECU.

hey andrew do you know how to tell the ECU's apart? cuz i have a stock crx ecu, a 94 civic ex ecu and the 91 integra ls ecu. i can't tell the crx and the civic ecu apart.

Back