need help with honda engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all of us did start in the same area as you are right now. i will say this. even on a TINY TINY turbo, a GSR at 10lbs will run above 250 at the wheels.

If you want to stay n/a 225 at the wheels is not unheard of for h22s. Type S pistons, Stage 2 cams (crower), new springs, retainers, pnp and a valve job...youll be good to go. thatll give you around 200-210...225 will probably take a slight overbore an h23 crank and machined h23 rods (cause neither the h22 or h23 rods will fit the type s piston in their stock form).

yea... more power is fine with me... i was just taking a conservative guess....

money hopefully wont be a HUGE issue after i get my new job... it will be an issue tho... and i can always get my family to help out a hundred or so here and ther... but i dont want to spend and outrageous amount on the engine to start... no more than like 1500... and if i can get one out of a junk yard for less... even better...as long as the trans is good and the block and head are good...

but good parts are outrageoustly expensive for these things... i kno i can get a crank, connecting rods, pistons, and piston rings... all for under a grand for a small block chevy... and good parts at that
then i turn around and for 4 pistons... its atleast 300 dol... for a 8.9:1 CR... what the F***?!?!... its crazy

and i do plan on putting a few grand into the motor before it actually goes into the car... so prbly... id say 2-3k before drop in...

i mean... if you make it look good... and you dont screw it up... its all worth it in the end.... and if the ENTIRE car looks good.. then you can definately show off... and possibly make some money of of it... (granted prbly wont make bak all you invested)

Quite true and I was actually thinking about your car when I typed that. I was refering to using a D-Series, though. Your motor had a shitload more torque. Of the two choices, I think the H22 would be a good motor to put into a four door, maybe an H23/H22 motor. Hell, maybe a wicked F22 after seeing what Bisi did recently.

Yeah... my B block had 7 pounds more torque down to the wheels than my damn S2000 has to the crank! That will change soon though.

Boosted F blocks are pretty sweet. Love the displacement and the iron sleeves. Cheap swap, cheap turbo, lots of cheap power.

Back