1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with SUSPENSION setup..

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by azomazo17, Jul 28, 2008.

1. azomazo17

azomazo17 New Member

What's up guys..

I currently have Tokico blue shocks with some h&r sport springs on my 96 coupe accord and the shocks are going bad. I thought about buying some coilover. which in my price range is the skunk2, what do you guys think about it? I mean I thought about just buying the sleeve without the shocks, then the shocks separate.

I need help or some suggestion with this project.
    what combo would be good as far as coilovers kit?

thanks
    Azo

2. ilubmyEG

ilubmyEG New Member

Whats your budget? Tein has an awesome basic damper set for 600-700 bucks for the complete coilover set and they ride awesome and give great handling.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It's always best to have a properly matched spring/damper combination. What do you want to use the car for?

4. azomazo17

azomazo17 New Member

Thank you guys for the replies

Well 600-700 its out of my budget. I m not look for something too crazy and neither cheap. I m kind of thinking about Tokico Blue struts and skunk2 kit... what do you think "ilubmyEG"?

Calesta: mostly for everyday driving and sometimes for performance..

Thank you

5. phunky.buddha

Honestly, in my realm- 600-700 is getting pretty cheap already.

Probably the cheapest comfortable combo that's still good quality and will still put a smile on your face when you hit the twisties is a set of Tein S.Tech springs and KYB GR-2 shocks. It'll be a little softer than your Skunk2 springs, but not nearly as bouncy. The Skunk2 springs have a reputation for being bouncy, especially because people usually pair them with shocks that don't have enough damping.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Uh, have you priced out what a set of Tokico shocks and adjustable Skunk2 springs are going to cost when purchased separately. You're probably going to spend around $500. Is a set of Teins really that much more?

7. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i just recently purchased the Skunk2 sport shocks and H&R sports for my GFs Integra and i think they ride pretty good.. might wanna look into it .. they have shortened shock bodies to reduce travel in the shocks.. i like em so far

8. azomazo17

azomazo17 New Member

well guys I found a deal on skunk2's for $150 and tokico struts each $80... so i think this would be the best deal I can get...

9. jackevo

jackevo New Member

skunk2

here is another way you can do and get a good handeling and smooth ride, first try to buy the adjustable shock from advance auto parts its call kyb AGX adjustable shock it think is 112 a peice but it worth it and then go on ebay look for skunk2 lowering spring and you can make a offer on it for like a 100 buck. The agx adjustable shock combine with the lowering skunk2 spring is really nice and you can adjust the shock and get a smooth ride thats what i have in my supercharge integra gsr and am about to put the same thing on my other integra gsr

10. jackevo

jackevo New Member

get the kyb agx adjustable shock from advance auto parts and go on ebay make a offer on skunk2 lowering spring on ebay for a 100 buck with the agx adjustable you can adjust it to get a smooth ride and comtable i had it install in my superchagre integra gsr and am about to do the same to my other integra gsr

11. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I like the match up of KYB AGX's with Nuespeed Sport Springs.

12. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You're losing money all over the place here. I guarantee you I can find the AGX's on E-Bay or other websites for lots cheaper then Advance sells them. Plus, shocks and springs are NOT a hard install. If you've got a free day on the weekend, a jack, basic hand tools, a torque wrench, and the torque specs, and some beer (beer optional), then it shouldn't be difficult...

13. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

skunk2 sport shocks and your current H&R sports

14. jackevo

jackevo New Member

blanco the spring and kyb g2 i done that already and it don't last long, i had the kyb g2 with eibach spring i install everything new and for the long run the shock blow

15. phunky.buddha

Same here. I love the GR-2s on my 88 Civic and 95 Hardbody. They held up very well on my CRX with a huge drop too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted